The Sundance 3100RB...

Rojo08

Does anyone know too much about these units? I have seen them listed anywhere from 31 to 35.5 ft long. The floor plan looks AMAZING!! I have two daughters 12 and 10 so the extra bathroom will come in handy. Also, what is the coldest weather people have camped with thier Sundance? The model I'm looking at says to have a "Thermal Package", any thoughts on what that is?
Thanks,
Rojo

jimtoo

Hi Rojo08,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

This is link to Heartland RV's web site. It will give you all the specs for the 3100RB. I do not know about the Thermal Package myself, but some of the other owners will jump in and give us the info.

Meanwhile enjoy the forum.

Jim M

grizzlygiant

I have camped long-term in my Sundance through winter ice & snow with temperatures to 5F. Additional protection is needed: skirting, heated water hose, heat in docking station.

frumbawa

I don't have this particular model but I do have the 2998RB which I guess you could say is the predocessor to this new one. Bought our 2008 in 2007, had some initial issues resolved by the dealer and the Sundance has been going strong ever since. I also have two daughters and yes, the extra half bath is great. Sorry I can't speak to the thermal package. We live in Southern California.

Good luck in your decision.

Frank

Rojo08

Thanks for the replies. We are not planning to do any really cold camping, it's just that our 2011 passport ultralight was horrible if the weather approached 30*. The walls sweated so badly that we had to put towels all around the floor. We bought that model not anticipating to use it year 'round but, we took to rv'ing very well!:D Anyways, the decision has been made and we pick up our 2011 Sundance 3100RB on the 18th!!
Rojo

jimtoo

Hey Rojo, that is great, welcome to the Heartland Family.

When you go for pickup, do a very good PDI. Check everything from TV antenna down to having water in the tanks and draining all the tanks, with water hooked up and check faucets and for water leaks. If you can stay a day or so in the Sundance on the lot or close by where they can fix anything you find wrong.

Take care and make many happy memories with your new Sundance.

Jim M

J

Jim_Hickey

Rojo, It was nice talking with you yesterday on the phone. I hope you had all of your questions answered and know you will enjoy your 3100RB. This floor plan has done very well for us and is really taking off. Feel free to contact us anytime as you are enjoying your new Sundance 3100RB!