Our New Toy

frano

We took delivery of our new 2012 M21 yesterday. I was pleased how well our Tacoma V6 towed it home. Here in Western MA, the terrian is difficult for towing with the hills but the Edge towed smooth and safe, and the Tacoma was never taxed. It towed much smoother than our old single axle T@da which was 900 pounds lighter and much smaller. So far, everything seems to work and my Wife and I are very impressed with the fit and finish and build quality of the M21. We're transferring all our "stuff" from the old trailer and looking forward to our first outing this weekend. We're both amazed at the amount of "stuff" we packed in the little T@da.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    448.5 KB · Views: 78

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Frano , Enjoy the new Edge !! Have a great weekend . If not busy in October come join us in NY for our 2nd Heartland Rally . Click on the link below:)

Jimmie-Kay

Congratulations on your new toy, hope you all enjoy it, as much as we have enjoyed ours. Curious about the slide topper awning? Was that an add on from your dealer or is the factory offering them now?

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
congratulations on your new toy. Enjoy and travel safely.

frano

The topper was an add on from the dealer. Don't know the cost since it was negotiated in the deal.

frano

Greg,
I just joined the Heartland Owners Club and we're seriously considering the October Rally. We have reservations for the prior weekend at Turning Stone for the Syracuse Snow Show, but could return on the 7th for the rally. Thanks. Fran

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Welcome Fran,

I got the news today from our Heartland club manger that you are HOC member #1971 !!! Congrat's on the New Edge and joining the HOC !! We are now at 7 MA HOC members. I hope your ready for a lifetime of new friends in the Heartland family. Beth and I have enjoy meeting so many great folks with the same interest from so many states !!

We had our 1st Heartland rally at turning stone last year and was very happy with the CG. I sent off a e-mail to you about the October rally in NY hope to see you there !!:)

frano

Carol and I are looking at our busy Fall schedule as I write this message. We're thinking we would attend the rally Fri, Sat, and return home Sun. I'll know in a day or 2 and will reserve asap. Since we'll be at Turning Stone the prior weekend, I was thinking of making it a 10 day trip, but our schedule may be too tight, so Turning Stone, return home, then Bath the next Fri? Fran

frano

Larry77, It's interesting that you noticed the reversed cover--good catch (did you notice my sign mount just in front of it?) The dealer wanted to notch the cover because the hitch bars interferred, but I remembered that someone on this site had the same issue and reversed the cover. We reversed the cover and viola it worked. The rear of the cover is shorter than the front and it will clear the hitch mounts when reversed. I decided it was better to reverse the cover than to butcher it up by notching it.