slideout computer shelf

Bob Vaughn

I wonder if I could remove or modify the computer shelf over the fireplace in the entertainment center and open that area up in order to put my sat. receiver there?

Bob Vaughn

I just went out and took the shelf out and realized that the frame work holding it in place was just as ill built as the pan drawer under the refrigerator. It just kinda hangs there in space held in place by a couple of staples. If you touch it with your fingers it moves. No bracing just faith that it will stay there. I think I can build something to go there to hold my receiver.....

Bob Vaughn

I took that computer shelf out of the cabinet and realized I could take it apart and use the top as my shelf and put the slides on that and place my sat. receiver on it........thats where the fun began. I do not know who built it but I used to work in a furniture store and this was put together with over 100 staples...I think I could have laid it on the floor and jumped up and down on it....it was defitinately over kill as the slides on the frame work would just barely support the weight of a lap top....It took me almost 2 hours of work to take it apart and remove all the staples....It really worked out nice, the way I modified it I could have left my lap top on the shelf and pushed it back in out of the way. But the receiver fits nice there......

Bob Vaughn

Here it is I hope
DSCF2452.jpg