RM1350 in Landmark Augusta

Well folks hears the answer we got from Heartland. It's not their problem it's Dometic's. Heartland designs a floorplan that does not allow the RM1350 to vent properly so they pass the buck. The fridge works but too much heat in the slide and will not vent properly to the side.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Sorry to hear of your problems with your refer. While I understand your frustration I do not think it is fair to say the entire rig is junk. With that kind of attitude I really hope you can sell it soon and move on. FYI- I have had my 2009 Augusta for 2+ years now and have yet to have any problems with the refer - 1350 four door.

BTW, you might want to review the Dometic installation instructions and see for yourself whether or not the refer was installed properly or whether or not it has proper ventilation.

Good luck,

danemayer

If you're not getting good cooling in hot weather, have you asked Dometic about their Ventilator Kit? The fan provides additional forced air cooling when temps behind the refrigerator get too high.

KIT, SVC DBL DR PWR VENT SKU # 9108554165

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I just gotta say it. We have the RM1350 in our Bighorn and it's in a slide. Set on #4 it holds at 34*, normally, 38* on a hot day.
I don't think the entire problem is with the floorplan.
JMHO.

Peace
Dave

wdk450

There seem to be a lot of threads going now on refrigerators. I suggest you search that term, and check out the recent postings I and others have made on the subject. I don't want to keep typing and sending out the same images, links and advice over and over, but I do want to help folks. Maybe search my username (wdk450) to find my new upper vent baffle and insulation stuffing fix post.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Here's the installation manual on your RM1350. It shows two cooling fans in the schematics. Have you checked them for operation and/or obstruction? Have you had your refer serviced by a qualified technician per the warranty instructions? My 3670 is the same "poorly designed" floorplan as the Augusta. My refer (a lowly DM2862 with a single fan) has run without a problem since we got it.

You also don't mention where you have it parked. The heat back there is related to the sun load on the side of the trailer, as well.

http://www.dometic.com/d2b969f8-5525-4a00-ad54-a322dabd885e.fodoc

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I tried this fix and have had no other problems. This is from an earlier post

Re: Dometic RM1350
Yours is like mine, in a slide. You do not have a top vent out of the coach. There are two vents on the back of the refer., outside. This setup does not allow hot air to escape as easily as the rooftop style. IMHO

Have someone pull the top vent cover off. Mine only had about 2'' of air space above a sheet metal flange that was blocking 3/4 of the opening on the back of the fridge. Apparently this directs the air up and out for a roof vent, but it doesn't work so well for the back vent style, such as we have.
The dealers' tech cut about 3 to 4 inches off of this sheet metal flange going across horizontaly to allow more hot air to flow out at the top. This seems to have done the trick, as mine seems to be staying quite a bit cooler now. He said that another 3 or 4 inches could be cut off, if necessary, but It doesn't seem to be needed at this point.
Good luck, Trace

Bill, I have your drawing for the baffle. Going to add that this weekend. Sorry to all for the rage. I just hate warm milk!! Love the trailer just hate the fridge. The response from Heartland was a lttile on the cold side. I did check and add a second fan in the back. Also whenever possible I park with the slide in shade. As for domaetic they covered all costs so far. New board, cooling unit.