Forum issue

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Recently I have started expereicing the following problems when on the Forum so I am looking to see if it is me or the Forum. I log in as I have always been doing then select a topic or thread, ie. "Whats New", then shcroll through posts. Then when I click to read a thread and its post or even if I try to post to that thread I am told I am not logged in and most log in again before I can proceed. Seems to me that I keep getting thrown off the forum network. This happens on different internet provider networks not only my home internet provider. Any ideas?:confused:

I know an inactivity timer will kick you off after x min. and I have had that happen if I leave the forum up, leave for 30 min or so, come back and I have to log in again, but it should not happen unless that action, or inaction, occurs.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
I tried to log in on a computer at the marina last week and although it appeared I had logged on, everytime I tried to post, I got the same message you did. I too will be looking forward to the answer.

PhotoPete

Ok. So what OS are you running. What browser? Any changes in either of those two? Also think virus software or browser plugins. Any thing that's different than before.

murry135

Ok. So what OS are you running. What browser? Any changes in either of those two? Also think virus software or browser plugins. Any thing that's different than before.
No changes in any of the above mentioned. Using Windows XP, Norton AntiVirus, Internet Explorer. I tried this time when logging in and checked "Remember Me"

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I never log off per se. I just close the browser page. Everytime I come back to the forum via my favorites button, I am back on. No log in necessary.

Manzan

I do the same thing but ran into a glitch today. Last night had to force a shutdown and today, had to sign in everywhere. Heck of a time remembering pass words and sign in names. Have to blame it on sunspots or cyber gremlins.

jimtoo

There was an automatic update done last night by Microsoft. So it depends on your settings as to what was down loaded and how or what you had to log into after a complete restart.

Jim M

murry135

murry,

While you tested this at 2 locations, were they both with the same computer?

Jim

Jim,

Yes, I am only trying on one computer. If I check the "remember me" box I stay logged in. If not every function I switch to ask me to sign in again. I will try my wifes laptop tonight to see if it is my computer or something else. I will let you know more after I test.

Murry