where is the gas shut off valve for Dometic RML 8555 refrigerator?

TTEDGEM21

The Dometic Manual for the RML 8555 REFRIGERATOR notes (sect. 4.3.2) I should "open the shut-off valve for gassupply to the refrigerator". It didn't mention where exactly this valve was.

Guidance from another Edge owner with same refrige would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

frano

I just read that book today and assumed that the referenced gas shutoff is the one attached to the gas bottles. BTW, I'm pulling our M21 with a Tacoma also and am very pleased with the results.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Aren't there any pictures in the manual? The valve on our Dometic is at the rear of the fridge accessed from the outside panel. Follow the LP line towards the burner and look for a small 5/16" round valve that is turned by a screwdriver. The slot runs parallel to the tube for on and perpendicular for off.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Is there a reason why you want to shut off the gas supply to the fridge?? If you shut off the valve at the propane tank it will do the same thing.

Yellowreef

The manual says to randomly do that, or is there a certain troubleshooting item you are looking for that we can help you with? If you just randomly found that in the manual, then I would venture to say it may have already been done by the installers. If you are having an issue that you are looking for a solution to in the manual then post the problem here and we may be able to help that way. Other than that, the valve is behind the fridge accessed by the bottom vent.

TTEDGEM21

Thanks for writing back… I have not been able to get it tooperate in “gas” mode. I thought perhapsthis propane valve (somewhere behind refrig) could be closed and that would be the reason? I know I have to first open the valve on themain gas cylinder. When I do this I am ableto use the gas stove. I still have notlocated any small screw that I could turn in the back of refrig. If any other Edge owner with the same refrighas gotten theirs to operate on gas, would you walk me through that process.Thank you.