370C Length

BarneyFife

Since the 370C and 300C have approximately 6' of length that sticks out over the tow vehicle, is there any reason why Heartland couldn't make the garage and the entire unit longer? I love my 370C floor plan. But if it had a 14' or 16' garage, wow, what a perfect toy hauler. Extending the rear 2' - 4' wouldn't make it longer in the back more than any other typical toy hauler.

BarneyFife

The 300C obviously applies here as well.

Basically, it would make my 43' 370C about 45' - 47' long but again, since so much extends over the cab, there wouldn't be more than the typical big toy hauler behind the truck.

CrazyCooter

Have you actually measured your 370?

I measured the 300C yesterday after taking delivery and the printed specs in the brochure are way off! I guess they just paced it off and rounded down instead of using an accurate measuring device....... I got 35'4" pin to bumper and 40'4" overall as opposed to 33'9/37'9 spec that is printed.

No wonder this is the most spacious 38'er we looked at......

The thing that sucks is now we will be over length by 2' that I hadn't planned on.

BarneyFife

For me personally, I don't care how long it is. My barn has a "lean-to" the Cyclone sits underneath. Its 60' long so as long as she comes in under 59', I'm good.:)

I believe mine is just shy of 44'. If somehow, they did what I'm talking about, a 16' garage makes it right at 48' long but only about 42'-43' from pin to bumper. A lot of toy haulers are that long but none have the extended nose like we do.

BarneyFife

Since we have some fine folks from Heartland here on the forums, I wanted to bring this old thread back up. Maybe someone will see this.

I'm just curious, would this even be possible? Not sure if there's laws or just physics that wouldn't allow this.

My honest opinion? It would be a HUGE hit. I like the new 4100 KING ideas but are we getting away from the toy hauler part? Maybe I'm wrong. I must admit, looking at toy haulers several years ago wasn't for us. Nothing but diamond plate, checkered flags, etc. throughout the unit. Mama did NOT like that. But are we going too far the other way? Are we going to super nice fifth wheels like a Landmark with just a garage on the back?

If a 370C could have an extra 4' added to the garage, it would be the talk of the forums. BIG garage without sacrificing living space and really, no longer behind the truck than most tri-axle toy haulers. That would truly be the best of both worlds.

I can't afford a new toy hauler with our 370C just a year old. But if this dream of mine floorplan popped up, there's no telling what I'd do to make it happen for us. Might even take on a third job! ;)