New 8000lb axle upgrade

Ok, so after some inner tire edge wear I have been living with for the last 2 months we finally pulled into Elkhart to get the trailer looked at. A tech from the place we bought it from originally came out and took one look and sent me right over to Lippert. I met with Jerry at Lippert and after a few minutes he gave me the bad news! The rear axle was shot (no arch left in it and negative camber) and the left side springs were collapsed. My 5th wheel is a little over a year old so they agreed to replace everything under warranty at no charge to me. I spoke with Jerry and his concerns were that our axle weights (6500 rear & 5800 front) were close to maxing out with the rear at least, and that we may see the problem arise again. Lippert, with Jerry's help, cut me a sweet deal on an 8000lb upgrade with the wet bolt upgrade also. I showed up at Lippert this morning at 8:20am and we were pulling out at 11:15am with everything complete! I'm writing the post from Wisconsin and I have to say the trailer feels much better! Thank You to Jerry and Lippert for getting me back the road again.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
It's great to find mfgrs that stand behind their products.

I have thought about getting 8k axles, but I have Dexter. I would like the 8k Dexter's.
Just for the record, what is the year and model of your rig? Thanks, Trace

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Good to hear they got you back up and running. Jerry is a super great guy and really knows his stuff. Thanks for sharing.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It's great to find mfgrs that stand behind their products.

I have thought about getting 8k axles, but I have Dexter. I would like the 8k Dexter's.
Just for the record, what is the year and model of your rig? Thanks, Trace

Trace, have you had the weight on your axles verified for how you haul? I've got the standard 7K's on mine, but my axle loads are both under 6K based on the RVSEF weighing. Axles and springs are looking fine.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
No, I haven't. I have been on scales, but not with individual axle weights. I try not to carry too much, especially water, etc. I was well under for total trailer weight, vs weight rating.
Guess I'm a little into overkill at times. Trace