Adding a cargo carrier

khd995

I'am interested in adding a cargo carrier to the back of my 3400 RL bighorn. I want to use it carrying my 110 lb generator. Can this be done without damaging my unit.

If so, what is the best way to mount this, what type of hitch and or carrier, can or should I use.

tcbrady

Yes, you can add a cargo carrier to the back of a 3400RL without damaging the unit - I know a few customers who have done this. Unfortunately, we do not do that directly from the factory so I'm not sure of the exact details. Please contact your local dealer and they should be able to get you details on the best way to mount it and the type of carrier. If they can't get you details then they can refer you to a local welding shop that can meet your needs.

Hope this helps!

Scott

Type in "Hitches" in your search area on this forum and you will find all kinds of good info on this subject.
The short of it is, no, Heartland will not warranty any damage caused by any add-on hitches, or brackets or racks that may cause undue stress to the RV. However, practically speaking, dealers install them for people all the time and they go on to enjoy years of care-free use of their RVs.
ST