EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: CA, WINCHESTER/TEMECULA - 10/28/2011 to 10/29/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

Venue:
------------------------------
Details:
  • Number of sites held: OPEN
  • Site fee: $$25 per nite+ $7.00 reservation fee...2 nites are $57.00 for 2 nights.
  • Club Member Event fee: N/A
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20 per rig (SOBs or non-club members)
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 10/29/2011
  • Potluck time: 5-6 PM or when ever
  • Event Leader: Bob&Patty(click to contact)
Additional Info:
This little weekend camping trip did not start out to be a Rally. It was just Pat and I, Marty and Theresa (sandman). Then Roy and Dena (sdgirl) wanted to go. Then my very good friend (Carl and Sylvain) SOB wanted to go. Then Marty asked if his uncle Don could go....sure why not. SOOOO....now we have 5 people. As of this writing we now have 9 coaches coming. Don't ask me...I have no clue what happened. Someone called someone and so on. Now I have to try and remember who else is coming. I didn't write it down. Please, anyone that has their reservations already...email, PM or call me. So I know who is coming so I can post them here.

SOOO....what the hay..........lets have Socal Rally. It's going to be a very relaxed event. A potluck on Saturday evening and a small raffle. I have HL goodies to raffle off. Maybe everyone could bring a small gift of some kind....$5-$10. If all the Ladies could whip up a small side dish that would be great. Desserts, salads, beans...what ever. Trace (TANDT) is bringing lots of firewood. Since its the weekend before halloween...bring halloweenie decorations and candy. There is, at times little kids that do trick or treat. Pat and I (HL) will supply the burgers and dogs, buns and the fixin's.

If ya'll get bored, wino country is a 10 minute drive from the CG. Old town Temecula is 15 minutes. Rent a boat and cruise the lake. Bring your bikes and peddle your behinds all around the CG. Bring horse shoes. Pat and I have a bochi balls game. This rally has no rules or a time frame for anything except the potluck...sorta. It's a rally without any marching orders.

Now as to signing up. Use the CG web site..do not phone it in. The link is already set on CG "C". The last row of sites that are taken are marked in RED. The open sites are the ones above them. As of today there are 3 sites to the left of our row still open. The spaces are not saved for us. The only way I can save them to to buy all of them now and then hope everybody shows up. Site #'s 355-338 are the ones still open as of today August 10th. Uncle Don has site # 348 already. They are right across from the ones already signed up. If you interested at all.. get the sites now....they go very fast as halloween approaches. As my mother always told me "a word to the wise". You can stay longer if you would like.

Last edited:

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Bob,
You've been busy. As you know, we are in. (Site 346), Trace

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Trace, yep....and a few of us where just going camping for the weekend. I recieved a PM from Chris (ccupton). He and Carol are getting married the weekend after the rally. So as of right now they can't attend. Got an idea....its at Puddingstone. We should all go and crash the wedding.

TandT

Hello Southern California. Is anyone out there? (chirp,chirp,chirp)............. This will be a nice little weekend rally near Temecula. Come out and meet fellow Heartland owners. (and some SOB owners). A good time will be had by all! Still some spots left.

Last edited:

tenglish

Tom & Marla English are interested in attending this rally. We have a 2011 Bighorn 3610. We attended the S. Calif rally earlier this year and had a great time. I'll check what spaces are left and verify our reservation with you shortly.
Tom

Bob&Patty

Hi Tom, sure come on down. Bring the pups. Its really an informal thing so we can just hang around. We found a spot where we can turn the dogs loose and just let them run. Callie loves it. If you have any problems with the CG site let me know. For the open spots.....you have put in the dates before it will show you whats open. Put in "arriving the 28th and "leaving" the 30th.

tenglish

We are in. We have site 347 arriving Friday Oct 28th and departing on Sunday the 30th. Looking forward to seeing everyone and sharing the pictures I took of our last rally. And yes we will bring the pups.
Tom and Marla

Bob&Patty

Tom, thats great. See ya then.....and BTW, you are next to Uncle Don. I think you were next to him at Canyon also.

tenglish

Bob & Patty, so sorry but we must cancel our weekend with you guys. Looks like we have a dog show that same weekend just to the north of where you will be staying. It is the Riverside Kennel Club show at Lake Perris Rec area the 29th and 30th of Oct. We just installed a new satellite dish and wanted to show it off but we will just have to wait until you all decide to have another informal gathering. I'll notify the rec area so our spot 347 will now be open.
Tom & Marla

TandT

Bob, A gentleman named Glen, with the Sundance from Corona , came to my rig last night and said he will be at the Oct. 28th Lake Skinner rally. He was going to reserve today. Trace

Last edited:

jdawson

Past Pacific Region Director
Hi From John And Lori
We hope that everyone has a great time at the Southern Cal rally we wanted to make it down there but are unable to make it this year. Have a great weekend and a good on Holloween. See you all soon.

John and Lori

funntheson

Thank you Bob and Patty for organizing the ralley this weekend. It was great meeting you guys and the rest of the group. Jodi, Ryan and I enjoyed ourselves, and I'm sure my SOB parents did as well (hey, that just doesn't sound right!).

We hope to see you all again soon.
Larry

TandT

Thanks Bob(fearless leader) and Patty(the real boss) for this fun event and all your hard work. Trace & Teri

Status
Not open for further replies.