Concerns with Gross Weigth

Marvic

Great Day to all
Long time boater going RV
I current own 2011 F250 4x4 sb. 6.7 Diesel and would like too purchasse BC 3650 RL my consern is with over loading the truck on rear axle, my reserch tells me that bc 3650rl full loaded will be around 3100 lbs on itch the f250 will handle 3817 Lbs on both axles 1222 on front axle and 2595 on rear. My consern is will i be able to transfer weigth to the front axle once hooked .

Regards.

Victor @ Maria

jimtoo

Re: Conserns with Gross Weigth

Hi Victor,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon and help out. I did move the thread to an area for discussion about weights.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

There is no significant weight transfer to the front other than what gets transmitted along the frame. Unlike a tow-behind hitch, there is no additional weight distributing mechanism that I know of. You really need to know what the vertical load ratings for your rear axle is. As an example, my dually axle is rated to 8200 lbs. vertical load (with the E-range tires at 60 psi). That's 2075 lbs. per tire. My BH3670 has a pin weight of 2950 lbs. loaded the way I use it, but the load it places on the rear axles is 6600 lbs. (that's truck and trailer combined) So I still have a 1600 lb. margin.

I'm wondering if you're confusing the load capability of each rear tire (2595 lbs.) with the actual axle rating. If your tires are rated for 2595 lbs. and it's a single rear axle, then it's capability is more like 5700 lbs.

I deduce all of this from the RVSEF record for my truck and rig at the rally. You should be able to get all of the correct load specs. from Ford. Even the sticker on your door should give the correct (GAWR) axle ratings. The sidewall on your tires should have the load ratings on them.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders

Hello Victor!

I sent you a PM with some information that may be helpful! We really enjoy our Big Country and I am sure you will enjoy the 3650!

Best Wishes!