Signal on Radio

JeremyN

Everyone,

Ever since we bought our new 28BRS this past April, I have been having real troubles getting any radio stations in on my trailer. My cousin just purchased a new trailer as well and when he took his radio off last night, he found that the radio antenna cord was wrapped up and just stuffed behind the radio. This has been causing much static and he said he was going to call our dealer about getting this fixed. Is this somehing that the dealer should have hooked up? Do I need to buy and antenna to put on the roof?

Just checking to see if any other people have had problems.

Thanks.

Jeremy

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
There was another post about the antenna wire being coiled up. Heartland's reply was that it's supposed to be uncoiled to work properly. The external antenna's have been discontinued. The one on our BH was useless, but the fix was to connect the amplifier (radio) to the TV antenna cable via a splitter, thus using the TV antenna for the radio antenna. Works like a charm.

Of course, the antenna input on the amplifier has to be a cable-type connection. On our Samsung, it is.

JeremyN

Thanks John. I appreciate your help on this! I will pass this info along to the dealer!

Gosh I love this website. You are all so full of info, it makes owning a camper easy when newbie's like me can rely on so many peoples experience. It is just great!