Dometic Model 310 rubber seal

motoflash

The rubber seal that seals the flush ball is worn and not holding water in the bowl. I called Dometic. They want 31.00 for the seal and another 15.00 for shipping. I have been a Master Plumber for 50 years. It's a 5.00 part. I'm going to look for an alternative product to replace the Dometic. Why do we allow these manufacturers to plunder and pillage unchecked.
Frank Heard
Heartland #1594
2010 Augusta
2008 F-450

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The rubber seal that seals the flush ball is worn and not holding water in the bowl. I called Dometic. They want 31.00 for the seal and another 15.00 for shipping. I have been a Master Plumber for 50 years. It's a 5.00 part. I'm going to look for an alternative product to replace the Dometic. Why do we allow these manufacturers to plunder and pillage unchecked.
Frank Heard
Heartland #1594
2010 Augusta
2008 F-450

You might try contacting an RV dealer (with a parts store) near you. They tend to have Dometic toilet seal kits.

OregonNT

I had similar issue with my toilet the foot pedal was getting stuck and would not seal properly, called Dometic and they said I need a new toilet. We have a new Bighorn and they informed me that I had a two year warranty so you might want to call them directly (800) 321-9886 and see what they say, my unit has a 310 toilet with foot flush on the right and it kept getting stuck and they said the only solution was to replace it or try spraying Pam or furniture polish in the bowl....I'm going for the new unit. Hope this Helps!!

JJ Johnson
2011 Bighorn 3610RE

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Motoflash, A 2 year old valve seal can't be that worn so soon. We were full time for 4 years and 1/2 time now and I just replaced the seal this summer. I paid $34 at a surplus place in Elkhart so you should be able to do as good or better. Try ebay. BUT FIRST, Disassemble the toilet, clean everything up and coat the seals with some plumbers lube. I'd bet you get a couple more years out of it.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I had similar issue with my toilet the foot pedal was getting stuck and would not seal properly, called Dometic and they said I need a new toilet. We have a new Bighorn and they informed me that I had a two year warranty so you might want to call them directly (800) 321-9886 and see what they say, my unit has a 310 toilet with foot flush on the right and it kept getting stuck and they said the only solution was to replace it or try spraying Pam or furniture polish in the bowl....I'm going for the new unit. Hope this Helps!!

JJ Johnson
2011 Bighorn 3610RE
JJ, I suggest you do the same as I mentioned to the original poster. Take the toilet apart and clean all the moving parts. Use plumbers lube on the seals and moving parts when you reassemble. It's worth a try and cheaper than a toilet.

wingfoot

Where do I find directions on taking it apart?

PJ, if you look around on the forum you will find numerous post on this common problem. There is a thread that even has pictures of an install. Also you can go to Dometic's Webb site and D/L owners manuals and Install information..
Hope this helps.

SmokeyBare

Check out this Post.... //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/11582-Water-leaking-from-Toilet-Bowl

Marv

Wmnmy

Ok got it today a new toilet from dometic awesome service took the other one out put new one in no leaks and it holds water I'm one happy camper.....

motoflash

Thanks to all who responded. It has been helpful and informative. It's great to know that there is such a supportive group to turn to in a time of need.
Frank Heard

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Have to tell a FUNNY.

We had the same problem with the rubber seal leaking. I removed the seal in an attempt to locate a replacement at a local RV parts store, but they didn't have it. Decided to clean really well, reinstall and add hot water, as suggested, somewhere on this forum. Well, I poured a 2.5 gal jug of hot water in the toilet after reinstalling the rubber seal, and it immediately began to leak. I stuck my hand into the water to press the seal a bit, and helped it seat. I watched the water for a bit, and it didn't seem like it was going down. YAY! I closed the lid, saying to myself, I'll check it again, later. (That was last weekend.)

Well, Saturday, DH decided to haul the rig over to get it inspected. After he returned, I went in and discovered water all over the bathroom floor! I panicked at first, trying to figure out where the leak might be, but how could it, we were not hooked to any water source??!? Then I remembered, the 2.5 gal of water in the bowl, probably sloshed around and spilled out of the bowl as he drove the rough roads around town. :p At least it was a clean bowl and clean water! And there was still a lot in the bowl, so the seal is working!

E