Heartland RV Prewires for Winegard TRAV’LER Satellite TV Antennas on its 2012 Bighorn and Landmark 5th Wheel Model

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
That is really cool news!! Great move on Heartland's part, especially since they are going after the fulltimer market. Does this mean that they will bring down all 4 leads...two to the living room and two to the bedroom, allowing for DVR use?

Willym

What is the difference between the current satellite dish wiring (co-ax coiled up in the roof) and the new arrangement? Is the wiring special for the Winegard Trav'ler?

jbeletti

Don't know more than what I have read in the press release. For sure, we are planning to include the data cable. My guess is that there will be more to it than that. Likely coax changes and probably power considerations where the data cable terminates inside the RV.

I'll pass on more as I learn more. I've heard really good reviews of the Winegard Traveler dish and am pleased we chose to prewire for it. Hope to be using one on my next demo coach :)

Jim

Last edited:

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I can confidently say after having the Trav'ler since April...this is the BEST dish we've ever used. Never gives us an issue...locks on easily and looses no signal at all in winds in the neighborhood of 50 mph. No more rain issues like we had with the dome...when water settled on it, we lost the signal. Not so with the Trav'ler...

Glad to hear about the data cable...that was the biggest challenge during our install, but DH and I finally managed to get it "fished" down thru the back cap...not a fun job. Since the data cable uses 110V, a planned termination for it will be a great help. This will be a nice selling point for these fulltime rigs...IMHO.