No cable in bedroom tv

Lovetocamp

We have a new, 2011 Big Country 3595RE and have gone camping about 4-5 times in it. At three of the CG's we have had the "luxury" of having cable tv hookup. The cable works great in the LR but I get no cable in the bedroom. The antenna booster is off and the input is correct for cable on the tv. Should I be getting cable in the bedroom or does the cable only work in the LR? When I have the antenna booster on both the bedroom and LR tv's work, but not so much with the cable. Also, should I get cable and/or antenna reception from the outlet in the basement as well? (Haven't tried it in the basement yet, but wanted to be prepared when I do). Any Suggestions or thoughts?

Dave

branson4020

Icantre Member
You should get cable/antenna reception at all 3 TV outlets. Check to see if maybe the amplifier in the bedroom is miswired.

archbarb

Be sure you are connected to the TV/Cable connector and not the satellite connector on the ceiling plate. I found that out the hard way!!!!!

Archie

Lovetocamp

Thank you Bob for the info. I am glad to know that I am supposed to get both cable and antenna in the bedroom. I am not proficient at all at checking the wiring but fortunately I have an RV buddy that is quite good so I will employ his expertise in checking it. Archie, thank you for the suggestion. I almost made that mistake myself but my connector will not seat in to the fitting for satellite hook up (and trust me, I tried to make it once).

Dave

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
... I almost made that mistake myself but my connector will not seat in to the fitting for satellite hook up (and trust me, I tried to make it once).

Dave

That's very strange. They should be the exact same kind of connector.

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
We had a mobile repairman come to check it out. He had to go behind the false wall in the basement and connect a cable from the utility hookup center to the outlet for cable to the bedroom. We were very surprised at the lack of connection for cable, and disappointed at the same time that the factory didn't provide that. I called Heartland and they informed me that the BR cable hookup is only provided in the Landmark. :(

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I called Heartland and they informed me that the BR cable hookup is only provided in the Landmark. :(

Hummmm...our bedroom cable outlet works fine! I personally thing there is some miscommunication here. I believe any Heartland model with a bedroom cable outlet is wired to function. JMHO

branson4020

Icantre Member
Hummmm...our bedroom cable outlet works fine! I personally thing there is some miscommunication here. I believe any Heartland model with a bedroom cable outlet is wired to function. JMHO

As does mine. I stand by my statement. Some units may not have satellite connections anywhere but the living room, but if you have over-the-air teleivison to a given connection, it should also be able to get a cable signal.

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
The repairman said that the cable was not connected behind the cable outlet in my bedroom. I guess the installer took a break and forgot where he had stopped before his break. :p

Lovetocamp

That's very strange. They should be the exact same kind of connector.

Unfortunately this is not my area of expertise. I'm glad to know that they are supposed to be the same. When I tried to hook it up before the coax cable itself would not go into the fitting let alone allowing me to screw it into place. I thought it just used a different type of cable. Now I guess I have more checks to complete, but I don't have a satellite dish or receiver right now for my rig so I guess that fitting won't be as crucial for me at the moment. Thanks for the heads up though. I had planned to get a satellite system in the future.

Dave

Birchwood

On our Landmark the cable connection outside goes to the cable connection in the LR.When we
want cable in the BR we connect the outside cable to the sat connection on the left.

branson4020

Icantre Member
On our Landmark the cable connection outside goes to the cable connection in the LR.When we
want cable in the BR we connect the outside cable to the sat connection on the left.
That does not seem right. I have a 2009 BH and it all works the way it should.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Unfortunately this is not my area of expertise. I'm glad to know that they are supposed to be the same. When I tried to hook it up before the coax cable itself would not go into the fitting let alone allowing me to screw it into place. I thought it just used a different type of cable. Now I guess I have more checks to complete, but I don't have a satellite dish or receiver right now for my rig so I guess that fitting won't be as crucial for me at the moment. Thanks for the heads up though. I had planned to get a satellite system in the future.

Dave

The cable system and the satellite connections both use the same type of cable so they are completely interchangeable. That will make it easier for you to find the problem. This is one of those wish I could be there to help moments. Usually you find it is something relatively easy to fix. Hope that's the case. Let us know what you find.

wdk450

Dave:
I found the coax layout on the Heartland Owners Manuals tab under "Tools" at the top of this page. (Follow the submenus)
http://manuals.heartlandowners.org/Electronics/Coax_Layouts/Big_Country/Big_Country_Coax_Layout.pdf

By, the way it is drawn, I don't know what connections are made behind the amplifier faceplate, but I figured out 1 way to make your system work for campground cable. 1) Get a regular splitter and 2 short cable jumpers (male to male). Connect the jumpers to the output of the splitter and into the "Cable and "Satellite" outside inputs. The input side of the splitter should connect to the park cable service. 2) Your cable signals should now be at the "Cable" jack for TV1 and the "Satellite" jack for TV2.

We have a new, 2011 Big Country 3595RE and have gone camping about 4-5 times in it. At three of the CG's we have had the "luxury" of having cable tv hookup. The cable works great in the LR but I get no cable in the bedroom. The antenna booster is off and the input is correct for cable on the tv. Should I be getting cable in the bedroom or does the cable only work in the LR? When I have the antenna booster on both the bedroom and LR tv's work, but not so much with the cable. Also, should I get cable and/or antenna reception from the outlet in the basement as well? (Haven't tried it in the basement yet, but wanted to be prepared when I do). Any Suggestions or thoughts?

Dave

branson4020

Icantre Member
Dave:
I found the coax layout on the Heartland Owners Manuals tab under "Tools" at the top of this page. (Follow the submenus)
http://manuals.heartlandowners.org/Electronics/Coax_Layouts/Big_Country/Big_Country_Coax_Layout.pdf

By, the way it is drawn, I don't know what connections are made behind the amplifier faceplate, but I figured out 1 way to make your system work for campground cable. 1) Get a regular splitter and 2 short cable jumpers (male to male). Connect the jumpers to the output of the splitter and into the "Cable and "Satellite" outside inputs. The input side of the splitter should connect to the park cable service. 2) Your cable signals should now be at the "Cable" jack for TV1 and the "Satellite" jack for TV2.

By that drawing, you should have CATV and Antenna signal at all three outlets without doing anything else.

Lovetocamp

Gus, I wish you were here to help as well.:) Bill, thanks for the diagram. That will really come in handy when diagnosing this problem. I guess I should hook the cable up through the satellite connection as well to make sure that is working properly. If I'm supposed to get antenna and cable regardless through all 3 jacks then obviously something is amiss with the wiring. Unfortunately it will be a few days before my friend can take a look at this prblem for me. When he does I will update you all with the findings. I really appreciate all of your inputs on this.

Dave