Where's this oil coming from......

bobsue2

Leaving on weekend camping trip today...pulled camper out of storage yesterday brought it home to pack, pull some maintenance on generally getting it ready.

Opened the front basement storage area and noticed hydraulic oil had leaked all over..there are only two lines in this area that run overhead which service the bedroom slide.

Checked at the pump connection..everything fine....lift the bed up to access the ram for the slide and its completely dry as well....no indication of a leak anywhere.

I next operated the slide in and out a few times thinking maybe there's a pin hole leak in the line...while I did this procedure I had my brother watch the lines in the basement to see if the leak could be spotted...no leak detected...

So where is the the leak?

BTW it was only about 1-2 oz that had leaked...

Thanks

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The only leak I've had so far on my 2009 BH3670 has been right at the pump valve manifold. One of the valves O-rings started to seep and when I found it, the pan under the pump was full of fluid and the reservoir level had dropped maybe 3/4". I did not find any oil in the front compartment, however.

I'm no hydraulic expert, but is it possible that there is a slow seepage, rather than a fast leak? You might try wiping the lines as clean as you can and then wrap some tissue paper around it in several spots along them and leave it for a while. That may show where it's coming from if one of the lines is loosing it.

traveler44

My guess would be to clean up the spill area and have somebody run the slides in and out while you watch where it runs or drips from. Tom M.

danemayer

My Rushmore is leaking hydraulic fluid too. I've got the 4 point auto leveling system driven by the hydraulic pump, as are all 3 slides. Noticed the leak about a month ago (1/2 way through our summer travels) and am trying to nurse it along until we get home next week and can take it in for repair. The valves and hoses and top of the reservoir seem to be dry, but fluid leaks into the drip pan and then to the floor of the front compartment. So I think the pump itself is the source of the leak. I did pick up a $3 aluminum baking pan with plastic cover at the grocery store to catch the fluid instead of letting it run over the floor of the front compartment.