Who do I call for this?

billd

Scott and Coley,

My VIN sticker says my tire pressure should be 80 lbs for G rated tires, but when reading the information on the tires they say 110 lbs,

So who do I call at heartland to ge the right information and who can get me a correct vin sticker?

Thanks

Bill

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
billd
My G rated tires are 80 lbs too. they are Mission tires rated for 3800 lbs I think. Can't look right now as the unit is dack to the dealers for the "last" time. Warrenty is up and the dealer will never see me again. If you want to buy on the southwest coast of BC don't use Traveland RV superstore as thier service is totally deradful.

Uncle Rog

Rand, you spell worse than I do! However you are right, you have too have decent / reputable dealer....your grammer is better.......

Scott

Different tire manufacturer have different recommended psi for their tire ratings - depending on their construction. For example, two different manufacturers both produce a "G" rated tire, but one is rated to hold 80# psi, while the other is rated at 100#psi. This makes it a little tough to keep up with the VIN stickers if a certain tire mfg. shipment is late, and we end up using a different mfg.'s G rated tire.
Obviously, the best bet is always to go with what the tire mfg. states right on the tire.
If you really want a new VIN sticker, email cris@heartlandrvs.com and ask her to help you with that. Have your unit info ready.
ST

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Hi Rog
The dealer is getting things done, But on someone elses time schedule. This 3 day job is now over 2 weeks and if I had not gone to the subcontractor yesterday, it would not have started yet. Nobody had even checked on what was happening.

Uncle Rog

Hey Rand, I know the drill. I am just pleased to have most of our issues behind us. We are waitng for new vinyl and a roller repair that is still left under warranty, and some body parts torn up by the blowout, minor problems when I hear about other tire related damage. Happy Sailing!!!

billd

Scott,

Thanks for the information. I will gather up my trailer information and contact chris.

Bill

Forrest Fetherolf

billd,
I would go with the tire pressure on the tire or the manufactures load/pressure schedule. Tire people make tires and rv people make rvs............keep them separate. They should be more qualified in their own enviroment..............at least we hope so!!!!!!!!