Help Hot Water Flow

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Just getting ready to head out and tried getting Hot Water after de-winterizing. I have pretty hot water in the tank (I have tested the release valve) but I can't get any up to the taps. I have been trying various combinations on the valves and at most water seems to get a little warm then cold water. The line coming out the top of the Hot Water heater is warm and the bottom is cold, doesn't make sense to me.

There also seems to be some air in th elines as you can see it behind the Heater.... HELP

Doug

ChopperBill

Make sure the valve in between the top and bottom two is in the off position. (horizontal and not it line with the water pipe)

DougLynne

Thanks Chopper, as soon as I read your reply it made sense based on our old trrailer. I thought I had tried that but obviously not. I feel so dumb, I was having a brain f**t I think (you know mental block).../Doug

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Doug, What size TV do you have in your bedroom cabinet? We are ordering a 2008 3055. Are you happy with yours?

ChopperBill

Hey, brain f**ts come more regularly the older I get!
Reminds be of when I got our Truck camper. The hot water wouldn't work. Similar to your problem. I tried EVERYTHING. Seems there is a combing valve in the outside shower compartment that combines the hot and cold lines to drain the water system for winterizing. It was left open. I was about to KILL at that time! Dealer didn't even know it was there.

DougLynne

I also forgot about that little switch on the Water HEater and couldn't figure out why the water wasn't getting warmer, light bulb came on a little quicker on that one.

Goldenbetty, we don't carry a TV in the bedroom but if you check under Television /Satelite you will see a posting by Chopperbill when he set his up...../Doug