Campgrounds around Colorado Springs.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
On Monday we are leaving for Colorado Springs. I have read reviews on some of the campgrounds. I was wondering what campgrounds some of you might recommend.

Colorado Springs Campgrounds.JPG

Thanks
BC

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Last summer we stayed at the Garden of the Gods campground. We stayed in a back-in site but they have pull thrus too. Centrally located to the attractions around Manitou Springs/Colorado Springs. Nice place!

SilverRhino

We just returned from a 10 day stay at Mountaindale Cabins and RV Resort.......This was our second trip to this park. The first trip was 6 years ago, we really liked it then and they have done nothing but make improvements. Nice roomy sites, very level.....the only issue is sometimes the water pressure is low and they have been having some power issues in the area.

Reservations are strongly recommended.......they seem to stay full!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hay Guys.. thanks. I got about the same thing from the campground owners here at Raton Pass. They said that the Garden of the Gods was great and that Mountaindal has some power problems...

I will look into Garden of the Gods.. It is also at a lower altitude and we will breath better...

Thanks
BC

2010augusta

Garden of the Gods CG is nice and in a great location. We stayed there for our wedding, we got married in Manitou.

There is another nice small CG east of town Falcon Meadows CG. it is cheaper and greener than GOG. We stayed there for a few day when my Brother got married. it is nothing fancy but it is comfortable.

skyguy

GOG is very nice - the first Colo Chapter Rally was held there, and everybody enjoyed it. The Cheyenne Mtn Park is beautiful, and if you can get in, the views overlooking Colo Springs are unforgettable. There are daily fees there on top of the nightly camping fee, being a state park.

The USA Pro Cycling Challenge starts Monday Aug 22. and things will be crazy in town next weekend, and parts of Hiway 24 will be closed during the race Monday afternoon.

PM me if you like Bob, we live here on the southwest side...

Al S.

lwmcguir

Hay Guys.. thanks. I got about the same thing from the campground owners here at Raton Pass. They said that the Garden of the Gods was great and that Mountaindal has some power problems...

I will look into Garden of the Gods.. It is also at a lower altitude and we will breath better...

Thanks
BC

We have stayed there over the years and like it due to the close proximity of all the attractions. Nice overall park and very comfortable.

pegmikef

We were at Garden of the Gods a couple of weeks ago. Lots to see in the area, but be advised the town (Manitou Springs)was pretty crowded.

merlinb

Retired
If you have military base access privileges the Air Force Academy has a very nice Fam Camp. Stayed there three times while my son was a cadet.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I contacted GOG campground and they only had a couple of sites open and they were only 10ft wide and 40ft long. The guy I talked to asked me about my slides and told me it would be tight.

Called around and it seems about all the campgrounds are full on the weekend. We were able to get Monday thru Thursday at Mountaindale Campground . It is of the beaten path but should be nice. They have full hookups but the air cards won't work. They say they have free WiFi, so we will see if it works.

The Cedar Rail campground were we are staying on Raton Pass has Hughes Net. It has been working pretty good up till this evening, but now it says scanning. Got my Verison air card to work with just one bar.

Thanks for all the help
BC