Leaving a TT for the season

ND_Irish

Hi Folks.

We bought a 2012 NT32BUDS and have had a great summer travelling and camping so far. We recently made the decision to try a seasonal spot for the remainder of the year and for next year as well. My questions are about what kind of work do I need to do to make sure that leaving it sit in one place for 12 months doesn't do any damage to weels, brakes, suspension etc?

I've tried searching the forum, but not having much luck...must not be looking in the right places.

Thanks in advance for any tips / pointing me in the right direction.

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
My tip, don't leave holding gates open !! Only drain tanks when you get a good amount to dump !!! Also wheel covers would be a great idea !!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Don't just leave it sit abandoned. Check on it periodically. Keep the exterior clean and in good repair i.e. caulking, washing, waxing. Keep the grass cut around it to keep bugs from using the grass as a highway into the rig. We use ours all of the time and still set off a 'bug bomb' from time to time. Helps keep the bugs away.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Ours sits on a seasonal site from May through September and we commute to it. Usually two weeks at, one week home, repeat. Give or take a couple of days. It's a grass/dirt site, so I park it with the tires on wood planks and put covers on the tires. My jacks and stabilizers all sit on wood pads. The slides are extended for the season and the electric left on. Refer is running all the time and I leave the Fantastic Fan set to come on if it gets too hot inside. I shut off the water and propane when we leave, though. and retract the main awning. This is the third summer season we've done this and have not had a problem.