trip to Florabama

LSPTpr

Just completed my second trip in the 3600. Had a fantastic time in Foley, Alabama and not a bad drive from New Orleans. Now for my question. I have only had the bighorn since 1 April but ordered it Jan 07. I live in New Orleans and have traveled to Lafayette and Marksville on I-10/49 and now to alabama along I-10 and have yet to see a Bighorn. I know i cant be the only happy person in La. with one of these. Going to Wyoming May 25th to see Yellowstone and then to Mt. Rushmore. After that Indiana and then back home. Maybe i get lucky on that 13 day trip. :D :D

vangoes

LSPTpr
I used to think the same thing................."Am I the only BH out here?". However, I spent the month of Feb. in Gulf Shores State Park and there were 4 other BH's wintering out there.

jpmorgan37

I passed a Bighorn heading south on US 65 just north of Conroe AK on Monday 4/30. Anybody we know?

LSPTpr

glad to see others are out there. we are leaving on 25th. going to dallas then taking 35 north on up to Grand Tetons/Yellowstone. Hope to get a chance to see some.

C

Chulinw

LSPT did you get into the mullet toss last weekend at the FloraBama lounge? The people always have a great time at the beach party. The sun was nice and warm and lots of people had a great time. Also did you get to toss one of the mullets??

LSPTpr

Went to the mullet toss and whatched. It was really a comedy show to behold and the scenerary was excellant. I had never been before but will definately make plans to go there again next year. It just happened to fall on the weekend we planned to go and a friend told me i shouldn't miss. Very good bands, beautiful women and cold beer, i was in estacy for the day.

LSPTpr

Chulinw

i just realized that you retired from the navy. When did you retire? I retired July 2004 (AOC) and am now a La. State Trooper. Now i am finally enjoying all that time that i missed with the family.

C

Chulinw

LSPT I retired Oct 78 after 21 yrs. Yes I understand what you mean about miss the family. Went to Nam 3/68 and when I got back 7/69 my second son didn't know who I was. That was hard to take. Now just taking life easy and enjoying drawing SS. I was RM for 10 yrs and changed over to YNC. Got a little more shore duty after the change of rating. Hope you have a great second career. I got over to NO a couple times a year to visit with friends from west bank.

LSPTpr

chulinw

I with you on the children thing. Never really spent much time with my first one till he over 5 yrs old. the second one luckily i got to spend a lot more time with. now one is 20, the other is 13 and trying to make up time with both of them.