Bought a lake lot. Have questions..

mike3fan

Gonna park the Sundance on the lot on a semi-permanent basis. Only need to take off the lot maybe 1-2 times a year for camping trips. My questions are should I just leave the trailer sitting on the tires or would a more stable/permanent option be better? Also considering the nature of Michigan winters what type of cover should I get for winter storage and how long do they last? Any other tips and tricks would be appreciated.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Mine sits on a grass/dirt seasonal site in northern Michigan from May to September and I put sections of wood under the tires to get them off the dirt and cover the tires. Over the winter, it sits uncovered in an open storage yard near Flint. Tires covered and on wood, again. I also put thick wood pads under the jacks. Other than having to give it a good bath in the spring, sitting uncovered does not seem to affect it.

From what I've read, an improperly mounted cover, or one that gets loosened due to winds, can cause more damage than leaving it uncovered. That, and muscling it up top to put it on by yourself can be daunting.

jpajax

If you own the lot I would put a carport type cover over it and put wood under tires like John said or jack it up far enough to take weight and get tires off the ground and cover the tires to keep the sun off them. It all depends on how much money you are willing to put into cover ( would not use cloth cover) and time you have to get it back to where you can move it ( takeing it off jack stands). These three things would in my opinion add stability and longer life to your unit.

mike3fan

Carport isn't an option because of trees I have limited clearance. I forgot to mention the trailer will sit on a cement pad.