Tile Backsplash behind stove

Pannell

Picking up our new BC3650 in 2 weeks and wondering if only one has done a tile backspash behind the stove, I did granate at my house recently and did the 4x4 natual stone backsplash and thought hey why not do it in the new camper give a nice touch. My wife is concerned the heat when stored might effect it but I dont think it will.

Thanks

jimtoo

Hi Pannell,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed

There was a thread about this a couple of weeks back also,,, you might do a search for it... But I "think" (shouldn't do most of the time),, they were more concerned with the flex of the walls and everything while towing more than temps. I "think" that someone suggested that you use your sink covers for that when your parked... you need a place to store them anyway. Like I said you might want to search the forum.
But with the Heartland family, you can be sure someone will come up with an idea or solution.

Enjoy the forum and when you go for PDI,,, be sure and do a really through inspection.

Jim M

Wharton

We just bought some lexan(or something like that), cut it to size and put it up. Wallpaper shows through but it is protected.

ChangingPlaces

Dumb question, but what is lexan, or what is it similar too. I have never heard of it in NZ. I have been thinking of a coloured glass splashback, Your thoughts.
I thankyou in advance
Cheers Paul

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Hey Kim,

We did an acrylic clear coat (several coats) on the wallpaper behind stove and sink area......now wallpaper wipes off real easy......no stains so far!

Give us a call when y'all are pulling the new BC into storage......we might have to "flag" the big rig into your spot!:cool:

Lance

Willym

Dumb question, but what is lexan, or what is it similar too. I have never heard of it in NZ. I have been thinking of a coloured glass splashback, Your thoughts.
I thankyou in advance
Cheers Paul
I suspect that you might know it as Perspex or Plexiglass. The former was the name we used in the UK.

ChangingPlaces

I suspected it is what we know in NZ Perspex, with it been clear how would you attach it to the wall, usual hole and a screw I would assume with a cup washer, as glue you would see. Might get a sample and try it out.
Cheers Paul

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Look around for some clear velcro. Then you could remove it if needed. We installed the tin looking ceiling tiles on our back splash.

ChangingPlaces

We finally decided to put a glass splashback in painted to a colour to match the wallpaper. It is fitted to the rhs on the side wall of the fridge, as our oven has a lift up glass lid. They work well together and protects the walls very well.