Toy Hauler more suitable for Living/Work/Office

ricatic

As I research the possibility of moving from my Big Horn fiver to a toy hauler, I see that the Cyclone line does not really offer what I am looking for in a toy hauler. I would like something like my 3055RL for living with a 10 to 12 foot multipurpose room type garage area with a rear facing door. The floor plan could be either a rear kitchen or rear living room Wandering around the internet turned up the Open Range Rolling Thunder 345MPR. It would be perfect if it had two changes. First, I would like the garage to be at least 10 feet deep. Second, and more importantly, I would like it to be a Cyclone built by Heartland.

The layout of this type of trailer would be more oriented to adult living, usually Deb and I , with occasional trips with another couple or some grand kids.

My projected usage would be storing equipment and construction supplies in the garage while working and a golf cart and a motorcycle when playing. Seeing that there is some product out there by other manufacturers that comes close, I would think the leader in toy hauler technology would get in the game.

Regards

trackeer

In my experence when we ordered our 3814 Heartland aka Cyclone does Not stray to far from what you see ithe Brochure, be it insulation or factory installed leveling system. But there are a few Toy Hauler makers who do custom work off hand Excel, New Horizons, and others, don't expect to pay much less than 100K. These are claimed top shelf RVs and they'll build your dream RV, course at 100+ it should be. New Horizons has a used one like what your looking for, or better yet buy your Cyclone spend a few 1000 and do your garage setup and save a ton of moola.

Good Luck

Moe in NH

ricatic

Have you ever looked at the Road Warrior 405RW by Heartland? It has alot of the features that you are looking for and it has a 12ft garage. The only real major differnce is the TV is is in the rear of the unit instead of the corner of the slide out. Click on the following link to see for yourself. http://www.heartlandrvs.com/index.php?p=1&c=toyhaulers#models

I had not looked at that model...it is on the right path but has no table and chairs. The U booth is not really what we would like to see. How about a 42 to 43 feet long floor plan just like that with a bigger slide out, table and chairs and in the Cyclone trim package? The loft can go away as well but it would not be a deal breaker. Cabinets in it's place would be welcome. The rear TV is fine.

With more and more of us traveling the country following the work, this type of floor plan seems more attractive to those of us not traveling with kids. Comfortable living with larger residential type furniture, a fireplace and a big tv would sell to this demographic...and we can afford them.

Regards

ricatic

As I continue my research, I ran across this Raptor toy hauler. This is the leader at this time. The 10 foot garage would work for me but there is room to make a 12 foot garage using the current Heartland 42'11" platform.

Raptor Model 410LEV - 2012 Model Year

Thoughts from design please

Regards

DW_Gray

I've seen some nice toy haulers but I still haven't seen anything that is an upgrade from my 4012. Yes, some do have a few features that I wish I had in the 4012. So far, I think I'd be better off customizing it myself in the future when some to the appliances wear out. BTW, as a full timer, that loft makes an excellent storage area. I think my 4012 has more storage space than any of the other toy haulers on the market.

I hope you find what you need.