Campfires for the kids, grandkids, and me!!!

archbarb

I know that it's way too hot (and I do mean sizzlin', here), but to me there is nothing like a good campfire in cool weather....my kids love it and I do, too!
The campfire is my thing so to take charge I have a recipe for firestarters that will not fail (unless, of course the DH just throws some huge logs in the pit and expects it to light)!!
For $2 at Dollar Tree, buy a bag of cosmetic rounds and a small jar of Vaseline. Butter each round and sandwich them together and keep in a plastic container. When you get ready to start a fire throw a couple of the buttered rounds into the pit, cover with tinder and light away!! They'll last for about 5 minutes!
Guaranteed no fail!!!
Happy S'mores!!!
Barb

1016101001a959773.jpg

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Great tip! I'm assuming when you say 'butter' you mean vaseline? Gonna use this soon when it cools off enough to have a fire!

SilverRhino

Being a good "Boy Scout" I rarely use any type of "artificial" fire starters........But I like your idea!! Might have to make a batch of your "sandwhiches" and hide them and carefully slip them into the fire grate.......When no one is looking :eek:

Travel Safe!

SueVaughn

My grandkids love a campfire but in most places one is not allowed so my husband bought a propane campfire and the kids get a big kick out of making SMORES and marshmallows with this plus there is no clean up and no chance of flare ups after we shut it off.....