PapaMikey

Does anyone out there know if there is a cover available yet for the Heartland MPG series of trailers? Since I will be picking my new 181 up this coming Tuesday afternoon, that thought has popped into my mind, especially since I will be storing my trailer in an RV storage facility (outside). I am pretty sure that Camping World does not offer one yet in their inventory, so perhaps there is another manufacturer out there that does offer one. Thanks to everyone out there.

Vtxkid

PapaMikey, if it was my unit, I would go and take a physical measurement (end to end) of the trailer and shop online for what you need. Get the cover at or slightly over the length of your unit if possible. Place pipe insulation tubing over your gutters and lower your antenna, afterwards snug up your cover to help it from moving as much as possible.

T

THOBRIASH

I own a 181 and I called ADCO. They quoted me $390. for a custom made cover. That includes a area for the door. They said they have the dimensions and can make and have it delivered in 3-4 weeks. They have a couple different materials depending on where you live.

Vtxkid

How does one lower the antenna? Mine appears to be fixed.

I know their are a couple of different styles out there... The one style has a phillips head screw at the base of it. Loosen the screw enough to rotate the antenna down and snug the screw back up. If it doesn't, then you should be able to firmly grab right above the base of it and unscrew the antenna from the base... If it is located on the side wall of the RV, you might just want to leave it and maybe cover it again in pipe insulator tubing w/tape.

PapaMikey

Thanks for all the good ideas. I will continue to look around on the internet to see what I can find. I realize the MPG is fairly know, and it takes awhile for after-market teams to catch up. I picked up my 181 a couple of days ago and really love it. Have not found anything wrong with it yet, but we have not had out "shake-down" trip yet either. The guy who gave me my walk-around tour suggested getting some of the wire-mesh screens for the furnace hot air exhausts (which I did). There were a couple of other tricks that he told me about also. One other that I can recall was a mess screen over the larger vent on the heater and perhaps some fine wire mess on the air inlets behind the fridge and microwave (outside). I will let all know if I think of the other things he told me I should do.

I called ADCO and am awaiting a callback from Paul to see if they do have dimensions for the MPG and how much the cover would cost. If I am going to have to keep it in a storage facility, I think covering it would be a good idea. The sun beats down HOT here in Northern California and I want to protect my trailer the best I can.

mtran868

i read on r-pod nation that norther tool (or harbor freight) makes a cover for the rpod. since the MPG and rpod are similar in size and design. The rpod cover may fit your mpg. Price was under $200

PapaMikey

Recently bit the bullet and purchased a generic ADCO 20' cover at Camping World. They are currently on sale. I put it over my 181 today and it appears to do what it needs to do. There is a little extra material in the front and back, but the unit is well covered all the way up to the hitch.