Storage!

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
For me one of my top needs was lots & lots of storage. When going from a home of 1650 sq ft to a 5th wheel we needed lots of room for clothing, utensils, videos etc. I also wanted a very functional kitchen, one where I wasn't boxed in. I (we) wanted a refrigerator that we could get to when the slides were closed during traveling as we usually stop for a picnic lunch along the road somewhere. Lastly, it had to feel like a 'home' since it is our home! Comfy, warm & inviting. Thankfully, we found all of the above in our 2011 Key Largo! Thank you Heartland!

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
we found all of the above in our 2011 Key Largo! Glad you are happy with it and I plan to see that rig in October at the Rally, but, we are in LA this week; planning to stop at Magnolia RV campground for a couple of days. Is that close to you? We might pop by for a meet and greet.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Sorry, I confused you with a couple in our chapter that live down near Foley, Alabama. Will still see you at the Rally. Looking forward to it. Hogan

KathyB217

DH and I are going to full time in the near future. I'm a short timer at work. We are slowly thinning things out of our house but I agree that storage has to be a big part of our new traveling home. We have been looking at either a larger travel trailer or fifth wheel. We want to see this beautiful country and can hardly wait to get started. We love our Heartland, North Trail 21FBS.

2psnapod1

Hi Hogan! Yes, we will see you in October and be proud to give you the give you the grand tour! See you soon!

2psnapod1

Kathy - Hope you will enjoy fulltiming as much as we do so far...yes, it's only been 3 1/2 months...but we LOVE it!

jpdoggett

For me one of my top needs was lots & lots of storage. When going from a home of 1650 sq ft to a 5th wheel we needed lots of room for clothing, utensils, videos etc. I also wanted a very functional kitchen, one where I wasn't boxed in. I (we) wanted a refrigerator that we could get to when the slides were closed during traveling as we usually stop for a picnic lunch along the road somewhere. Lastly, it had to feel like a 'home' since it is our home! Comfy, warm & inviting. Thankfully, we found all of the above in our 2011 Key Largo! Thank you Heartland!

Just don't do what a friend of ours did they sold thier house and loaded the RV with tools, air comp, 1/2 of every thing they owned and then could not figure out why they broke an axle

2psnapod1

Oh no! We got rid of most everything...some went to the kids, some sold, some donated, a little in a storage unit. We still have LOTS of space in our coach.

SueVaughn

We were on our trip and the weight of shorts and mostly tee shirts broke the front shelf in the closet that the clothes rod is attached to while coming down I-95 in South Carolina......

jpdoggett

Thats great we are not fulltimes but we do 6 month a year in ours in texas but we have keep the storage in check still have lots of storage open

rick_debbie_gallant

First let me say, "welcome home, thank you for your service to our country". My DW and I also winter in Rockport, tx. Where abouts do you stay We will be at Woody Acres starting sometime the beginning of November. Perhaps we will bump into each other.

jpdoggett

Thank you and Welcome to you and thanks for your service. we will be at Wateredge RV Park down on Fulton Beach rd and we will be there on the 1st of oct. Hope to see down in Texas

aatauses

You will enjoy your new product from HL and the service will be great. One caution I may send your way---get your unit to a weight station and then you will know you will be safe.
Usually in RV's you will run out of weight before you run out of storage space!!!
Enjoy and travel safe.
al

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
You only need 1/4 of the underwear you think you need. With rotation and turning it inside out, you can get four days out of one set of undies. Five if you go commando mid-week. Geez, you girls need a man to figure this out???

Don't be throwing that frying pan at me...

jimtoo

You only need 1/4 of the underwear you think you need. With rotation and turning it inside out, you can get four days out of one set of undies. Five if you go commando mid-week. Geez, you girls need a man to figure this out???

JOHN, YOU ARE IN BIG TROUBLE!!! I was gonna try and protect you a little with the delete key,,,,but not now..You are in uncharted waters.... 4--5 days,,, NO WAY... 2 maybe OK... :) :)

Jim M

JohnDar

JOHN, YOU ARE IN BIG TROUBLE!!! I was gonna try and protect you a little with the delete key,,,,but not now..You are in uncharted waters.... 4--5 days,,, NO WAY... 2 maybe OK... :) :)

Jim M

Oh sure, abandon me. What's the first thing off a sinking ship??? That's OK, when all them wimins see me in 2013 at Goshen, they'll be after me like I'm a sale at Walmart's. The aerobic exercise I'll get from running from them (to save my life) will help keep me in shape.:D

rick_debbie_gallant

Oh sure, abandon me. What's the first thing off a sinking ship??? That's OK, when all them wimins see me in 2013 at Goshen, they'll be after me like I'm a sale at Walmart's. The aerobic exercise I'll get from running from them (to save my life) will help keep me in shape.:D

Problem is I need more than one pair per day, specifically when I am not behind the wheel. ( never could figure out why they call it scared "shipless" esp when you ship your pants.

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member

Don't be throwing that frying pan at me...

I must say that you are one of my favorite posters on the forum. I love your outlook on life. . . all of it. You always give me a grin or something to think about. Thanks for being you and keep rotating that underwear. I will endeavor to stand upwind.

JohnDar

I must say that you are one of my favorite posters on the forum. I love your outlook on life. . . all of it. You always give me a grin or something to think about. Thanks for being you and keep rotating that underwear. I will endeavor to stand upwind.

That's probably one of the nicest compliments I've ever received. Thank you.

RanCarr

Re: Storage! What we looked for........

What did we look for when looking to upgrade? Storage was only one thing. Our NorthTrail BRS28 has plenty of that for only 2 people and 3 crazy cats. We don't even utilize it all. :) I looked for interior design and color schemes as well. We took this TT because it can be used even with the slide in. Everything is usable and in reach for when we have to dry camp somewhere on the way to somewhere else. :D I have hubby sleep in the bottom bunk since he snores like a buzz saw. I get the big bed. ;) The bunk above him we call "the attic" and have a tote and one of these plastic "dressers" up there for clothes and extra bedding. Also a cat bed in the window. That upper bunk is great for lightweight stuff. My only complaints are the horrible colors, dead browns and grays of the sofa and dining seats. Where did Heartland ever come up with such sad depressing colors? :( I've covered them with more colorful covers. Also, we both dislike these cheap slider windows. This is a bad way to cut-corners to save money for TT mfgs. :mad: We desperately miss the jalousie windows since they give so much better ventilation, even when it rains, and they don't cock and jam as these sliders do. Our old Sunline TT had all jalousie windows. It was wonderful. Heartland would not replace the sliders with jalousie windows even though we offered to pay for them. Other than that we're happy with our TT. If we ever do decide to go full time, and we've discussed it, we would most likely go for a 5th wheel... but it would have to have at least 1/2 or more of the windows be the jalousie type.