Redid Bedroom Window Treatments

back2nature

As soon as we ordered our BigHorn, I knew I wanted to immediately change the window treatments that come stock from the factory. I wanted to match the bed covers (I already bought) and I wanted to individualize it.

I went online and looked at several RV manufacturers, including the expensive motorhomes to get ideas. I did like the pleated side panel look. So I did that.

The very next day, after we brought it home, we ripped out the valances and curtains and went to work on the supplies I bought while the RV was on order. It was so easy to go to Lowe's and find thin strips of pre-cut wood, so we only had to shorten them to fit. Some nails, staple-gun, fabric and glue and wha-la.

IMG_4421.jpg IMG_4422.jpg IMG_4426.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4421.jpg
    IMG_4421.jpg
    515.6 KB · Views: 219

loafer

Wow
You could start your own business and go to rallies and do make overs.
Just kidding but nice work
Bill

Birchwood

We like the stock window treatments in our Landmark but will eventually
want changes.You have shown everyone changes can be made in a coach
just like at home.

back2nature

Thanks guys. We're really happy with the way it turned out. Our style is a bit southwestern, so this adds just a touch without being obnoxious.

SilverRhino

Very nice job Laurie!.......Now I just have to make sure the DW doesn't see this!! I'm not done with the re-modeling pronects on the house yet.....Would like to get one finished before I have to start the next.

Travel Safe!

Bripldy

Very nice!!! We like a darker room in our 2011 landmark, so I ordered 1" mini blinds to replace the shades that had come in our unit! Now they match the 2" wood blinds in the rest of our rig!

back2nature

Very nice!!! We like a darker room in our 2011 landmark, so I ordered 1" mini blinds to replace the shades that had come in our unit! Now they match the 2" wood blinds in the rest of our rig!

We were wondering about wood blinds for the large rear window in the living room. The sun really beats down on it, so we have to put the night shades down, then we can't see out. We thought with the wood blinds, we could adjust it just enough to shade the furniture and floor.

SueVaughn

We were wondering about wood blinds for the large rear window in the living room. The sun really beats down on it, so we have to put the night shades down, then we can't see out. We thought with the wood blinds, we could adjust it just enough to shade the furniture and floor.
Our Big Country came with blinds in the living room....only thing is they are too long and hang out from the window treatments and are always getting hung up when opening or closing them. We need to figure out how to shorten them. Any suggestions on how to do this would be greatly appreciated....

back2nature

Our Big Country came with blinds in the living room....only thing is they are too long and hang out from the window treatments and are always getting hung up when opening or closing them. We need to figure out how to shorten them. Any suggestions on how to do this would be greatly appreciated....

If they are like the normal kind of wood blinds, you can usually shorten them on the bottom by taking the little buttons out holes on the bottom wood piece, carefully removing the vertical strings from the slats you want removed and tie new knots in the string and put the little buttons back in the holes. Check your particular blind and see if that is feasible.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Nice job Laurie! Wood blinds are a nice change in the living area. We installed wood blinds on the rear window and on the windows in the slides.

Attachments

• Loveseat Blinds1.jpg
    Loveseat Blinds1.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 153
  • Dinette Blinds.jpg
    Dinette Blinds.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 146
  • Rear Window Blinds.jpg
    Rear Window Blinds.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 164

gjackson

Nice job Laurie! Wood blinds are a nice change in the living area. We installed wood blinds on the rear window and on the windows in the slides.

I love the look of the wood blinds and think they would make controlling light a lot easier. I might just have to copy you!!!
Sue

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I love the look of the wood blinds and think they would make controlling light a lot easier. I might just have to copy you!!!
Sue
Thanks, Blinds sure make it easier to control light & privacy. No more leaning over anything to use two hands. One handed operation for everything.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
The wood blinds will be an after winterization project for us! We love the look and want to do away with the day/night shades.

Paul & Nan

We put a top down/bottom up cellular blind on our rear window. It gives added insulation and you can adjust for privacy and light. I really like to lower the blind and then go down from the top some when we first turn on lights inside but it still somewhat light outside. Can still see out but no one can see in. Nan