Where do you put stuff?

We are first time RV buyers - thinking about full-timing, and are trying to decide between a RoadTrek and the MPG. The MPG would give us more flexibility we think, but we were surprised that there was so little inside storage compared to the RoadTrek (which doesn't have that much!). We are considering the 181 - it appears that there is either a pantry for food or clothes - and that's all. I guess we could keep clothes in the outside underneath storage, but that seems silly. Where do you all put your clothes????

marc515

We have a 181, and there's plenty of storage "throughout" the MPG. While he "inside" may be somewhat limited, I think overall there is more than a class B. In the 181, there's also storage under the dinette seats, which is also accessable from the outside. We keep our clothes in nylon bags and keep them on the bed during the day, and on the dinette seats at night.

MPG185-GA

We mainly use our tow vehicle for the mass clothes storage and then have tote containers that fit neatly on the shelf behind our couch (185) for a few days worth of clothes....this has worked well for us.

kb0zke

We have had our 181 since December, and spent just over two weeks continuously in it this summer. We used two of the four pantry shelves for our clothing and two for food. That will change a bit next time. I'm going to try to put a shelf over the window on the curb side that will hold our clothes in plastic tubs. When we're traveling the tubs can ride on the bed. That will open up the entire pantry for good. We're probably also going to use some sort of box for each of the four shelves, so that stuff will stay put (or at least contained) when traveling.

On ours, the plywood under the dinette seats is screwed down, so that storage space is only accessible from outside. That's fine with us. Folding chairs, the propane campstove, etc. all are outside, as is the extra tp and paper towels.

Yellowreef

Ok, I'll say it. If you are planning on full timing you probably wont be able to fit everything in an MPG. Depends what you call full timing and depends on how much stuff you plan on taking with you. I'd reccomend an Edge but they just discontinued it. Seems to me you would generally need more room for living in a rig.

kb0zke

An mpg is definitely not a full-timer's rig! That said, you aren't going to need to be carrying clothes for different seasons, so you can take only what you need. We've reassigned various storage areas as we've lived in the trailer, and will probably do so a few more times as we get more used to how we actually camp.

I will say that the Casita we looked at had more interior storage space than our mpg, yet it was smaller overall. All of the roofline was taken up by storage, and there was an actual closet.