No longer making Edge!!???

Elidh

I have never owned a TT, and have been looking for months and months for exactly the right one. The Edge M18 seemed to fit the bill - love the floorplan, the retro look, arched ceilings, the fact I can order it in something other than white. I was just told by a salesman that Heartland is no longer making the Edge. I phoned Heartland - they said they are. I called the salesman back - he contacted Heartland and said it was confirmed - they are no longer making the Edge, and that the rep I had talked to had not been informed. So disappointing!! :(

jimtoo

Hi Elidh,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Was the dealer and "salesman" a Heartland RV's dealer and does the dealership sell the Edge line? The Edge line is one of the most popular lines. It would be simple for you to make a call to Heartland Customer Service
877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030 and check for yourself.

Please PM me the dealer name and "salesman" name.

Jim M

Elidh

Hi Jim,

That's what I did - I called Heartland Customer Service at the toll-free number you have. Heartland said they were making Edge. I re-contacted the dealership. The salesman called Heartland and said it was confirmed - no more Edge. I'll pm you with the dealership/salesman name.

jbeletti

Elidh,

Expect the factory to weigh in here with the official response soon.

Regardless of the going forward plan, if you are interested in a Heartland Edge product because it's the best fit for you, the Edge team can likely find a unit for you at a dealership somewhere in North America.

Please stay tuned and we'll get you the official word and find you one if it's out there.

Jim

Elidh

Elidh,

Expect the factory to weigh in here with the official response soon.

Regardless of the going forward plan, if you are interested in a Heartland Edge product because it's the best fit for you, the Edge team can likely find a unit for you at a dealership somewhere in North America.

Please stay tuned and we'll get you the official word and find you one if it's out there.

Jim

Fantastic - thanks, Jim!

tcbrady

Elidh,

Heartland is no longer producing the Edge product (we stopped at the end of July 2011). We are, however, introducing a new brand (WILDERNESS) product that will have the top 4 selling Edge floorplans in the line up. See the attached documents for more information. WILDERNESS will not have a grey exterior option but it will have the curvilinear interior radius roof trusses. Heartland is now in full production of the WILDERNESS product and the lead times are running 6-8 weeks. Also, the top selling Edge decors are offered in WILDERNESS. Please not hesitate to call Ben Hanlon (574-262-5992) for additional information. Ben is the regional sales manager for Ohio.

Hope this helps with your question and I hope to see you in a Heartland unit in the future!

best regards, Coley

Attachments

• Wilderness presentation.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 131
  • Floorplan Sheet.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 213
Last edited by a moderator:

Elidh

Thanks, Coley. It's nice to get the official word, even tho' that wasn't the word I wanted to hear!!

Elidh

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Elidh, My husband and I can certainly relate! We went through something very similar last October. After years of searching we finally found the 5th wheel we wanted and would be comfortable living in. We contacted the dealer to order our Landmark Ontario and the dealer was surprised to found out that the floorplan had been discontinued the week before. We were disappointed to say the least. But thanks to the awesomeness of the people at Heartland we found out about a new floorplan that was coming out in the next couple of months (they even went as far as sending us a sketch of the new floorplan!) To make a very long story short...we decided to check out the new floor plan at the Tampa RV show and LOVED it! Ordered it right then (I think we have the 2nd or 3rd model produced) and picked it up in March! We are SO thankful that the discontinued the Ontario because we LOVE our Key Largo! Here's hoping that you have a very similar experience!!

pegmikef

A couple of the Wilderness floorplans are suspiciously like my North Trail 26LRSS. I wonder if North Trail is next for the chopping block.

BorgX

I hope the North Trail line doesn't go away... I need to buy a bigger one in a couple of years! :)

jbeletti

Has Heartland picked up the Wilderness brand from Fleetwood?

Michael,

Heartland bought a large portfolio of brand trademarks of Fleetwood towable products through a bankruptcy proceeding back in 2009 or so. Prowler was the first brand we brought back to life. Wilderness is now the second.

Jim

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
That's great news. I think that Heartland must be doing it right, when they can take on names of failed products and bring them back to life. Great job Heartland!

frano

Can't say that I am happy about this.

We took delivery of a 2012 Edge M21 2 weeks ago, knowing nothing about it becoming obsolete. The Edge replaced our T@da that Dutchmen gave up on, so we're back to where we started a few weeks ago. As with the T@da, parts will be the issue, especially the funky windows no one uses. The T@da owners have gotten together and formed a website to help each other with parts info--time for us to do the same.

RonBB

Wonder how much longer Heartland will support this forum? I think Frano is on to something. I suggest that if it goes away we find a place to form a continued Edge RV Users Forum. (Be sure to include "RV" in the search or you will probably land on LOTS of Ford auto sites).

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
We took delivery of a 2012 Edge M21 2 weeks ago, knowing nothing about it becoming obsolete. The Edge replaced our T@da that Dutchmen gave up on, so we're back to where we started a few weeks ago. As with the T@da, parts will be the issue, especially the funky windows no one uses. The T@da owners have gotten together and formed a website to help each other with parts info--time for us to do the same.

Frano, Take heart. You are not were you started, you are part of the Heartland family now and my dealings with Heartland customer service have been fantastic. I'm confident if you have issues down the road Heartland will be there for you

PhotoPete

I'm disappointed to read this. We just purchased an M21. While it's a brief steeping stone trailer to a fifth wheel for "most timing", its still unsettling to see the rig you just bought discontinued within 2 months. I hope my future experiences with heartland are better, and longer lived.

PhotoPete

Last edited: