Few questions about new unit

Pulltab

Hi guys, just joined and will be picking up one of the early 07 models the 2925 next week.
Reading thru the issues here what I am seeing is the following need to be addressed:

1) Heating system operating properly and not short cycling.
2) Air condition operating properly and ducting is sealed for proper air distribution.
3) Water tank inspected for proper bracing and water pickup.

Any other important issues I should be looking for?

I am a tinker guy so I can guarantee the first thing will be the bottom comes off to be inspected and add insulation where needed and locate and document the location of tanks and wires. We are trading in a Fleetwood Terry Quantum AX6 and believe me there are certainly some issues on that model with the heating and thermostat placement so this is nothing out of the ordinary.

Thanks in advance for any hints on items.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Looks like you got the major stuff. I would have them adjust the brakes and torque the lug nuts before you leave. My brakes were off quite a few clicks and found a few lug nuts finger tight. Make sure water, water heater flow right, they have a bad habit of not turning the valves to right position after winterizing. Oh, almost forgot make sure those day/night shades are adjusted right, I think they are a pain, wish we had mini- blinds. Happy Trails---Ken

Uncle Rog

Pulltab, check the lugs every 50 miles for the first 500...I had to tighten mine 8 times! Just check all the systems as extensively as you can during the PDI. The dealer is a lot more willing to take care of things before they get your $ and you are off the lot....Good Luck!

busted2341

I would have them check or you check the lugs on all the breakers. I had my panel short and later found all the wires were loose at the breaker panel! Had about 2" of wire burn off..