making up rv beds!

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
The first thing we did was to put flooring tiles underneath the bed (on the platform it sits upon) - thanks to our Heartland friends. It makes it SO much easier to make the bed as the mattress will move smoothly while making the bed...but we have no problem with it moving while we are sleeping. Give it a try! You'll love it!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We also covered the particle board underneath the mattress with adhesive contact paper. This 1. protect the bottom of the mattress from the rough surface of the board and 2. helps slide the mattress toward the bottom to help get to the top to put the fitted sheets on. I know it's cheaper to use particle board as a platform for the bed but it sure plays havic on the mattress and mother as she tries to make the bed.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Why do you have to make the beds I mean after all you will be messing it up again in just a few hours anyway....just kidding LOL

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I applied a sealer/primer to the plywood and used self-stick floor tiles. Along the edges from the hinge to the foot, and across the foot of the platform, I used a structural foam corner trim that has a wood "picture" on it (Lowes or HD, don't remember which). Adhered it to the tile by cutting strips of double sided carpet tape, sticking it to one side of the trim and pressing it into place. Protects the edge of the tile, covers the plywood edge and prevents splinters. Mattress moves easily and other than sticking my keister into the closet, the bed is easy to make and manuever. Biggest help is when putting fitted sheets on the mattress.

back2nature

We took the easy way from an idea, from others on the forum, and put a piece of vinyl tablecloth on the wood under the bed. Secured it staples by a power staple gun. Now I can slide it down and change the sheets without hubbies help. My only gripe is I wish Heartland would have given us one more inch on each side of the king mattress, so that I can poke the covers down the side wall. I can barely get my fingers in it, let alone a blanket and the comforter.

rick_debbie_gallant

Why not just sleep with your head at the foot of the bed and your feet at the head of the bed. I could not find in the owners manual that you had to sleep one way or the other. That way you can tuck every thing in nice and tight and it will be a breeze to make in the morning.

Orrrrrrrrrrr, do like we do, whoever is last in bed makes it BEFORE they get out of it. works for us.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Why not just sleep with your head at the foot of the bed and your feet at the head of the bed. I could not find in the owners manual that you had to sleep one way or the other. That way you can tuck every thing in nice and tight and it will be a breeze to make in the morning.

Orrrrrrrrrrr, do like we do, whoever is last in bed makes it BEFORE they get out of it. works for us.

Another way would be to put a sleeping bag on the floor and then you only make the bed once. lol

archbarb

Here's how I make our bed....after the fitted sheet has been wrestled on, I lay the flat sheet (and blanket, if needed) down and tuck the bottom and square the bottom sides...then I throw the comforter (uggghhh...not the one that came with it!) on and position where I want it at the bottom. Then..to the topsides...I straighten and square the sides up, turn down the sheet and comforter so the folded edge is perpendicular (or just a little below) to the fascia board of the slide. That gives you 2-3 ft. of sheet and comforter which I just fold back up again to the edge of the fascia board. I am avoiding the tight spaces on the sides...no tucking in...then throw on the pillows and voila, the bed looks like a hotel bed!
When you are ready for bed, you don't have to wrestle with tucked in messes and once in, you simply pull up the sheet, blanket, comforter!
I'm sure this will require pictures!! I'll make the bed tomorrow and take photos to post!
Barb

pegmikef

DW just told me to write that she looks at making the bed as her primary morning exercise because of the stretching and reaching to pull the covers and spread on. She always sez that making the bed is eighty percent of the housework when we are camping in our two to three hundred square foot trailer and likes it . . . as opposed to maintaining our three thousand foot house . . .

PhotoPete

You boyz are missing the point. (too bad this wasn't posted in the ladies forum, if it was I would leave well enough alone.) Don't worry about how its done. Let the little woman take care of it while you drink a beer!

As long as my wife doesn't see this I'm all set.

PhotoPete

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Other than having to drag a 17 lb. cat across the bed while he attacks the folds, making it is no problem. A little WWE Big Time Wrestling, and it's done. Best two out of three falls wins.

We subscribe to the last one out makes the bed rule. So it's usually me.

Oh crap, I didn't realize I was peeking in the Girl's Room again. Honest, I didn't see nuthin. :eek::eek:

PhotoPete

Oops my bad. I didn't look where it was posted before I made my SA comment.. My dad would have called me a Rebel rouser.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
I must be really redneck because I used a large piece of plastic bag(from a new couch) duct taped at the top and bottom of the wood. The matteress slides easily to put on the sheets.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I must be really redneck because I used a large piece of plastic bag(from a new couch) duct taped at the top and bottom of the wood. The matteress slides easily to put on the sheets.

Hey Bobby - anything that works and doesn't show is First Class!:cool:

Bobby A

All good ideas hear, but one thing missing that I'm surprised nobody mentioned, so I will. We learned in our last coach it was a PITA
to make the bed, so when we ordered this one we specifically ordered a queen bed, we have PLENTY of room to make the bed and it gave us a night stand on each side of the bed, BONUS !! It's all about floorplan !! JMHO

Lisa (Bobby A's better half)

Joy & Jeff

Past Missouri Chapter Leaders
All good ideas hear, but one thing missing that I'm surprised nobody mentioned, so I will. We learned in our last coach it was a PITA
to make the bed, so when we ordered this one we specifically ordered a queen bed, we have PLENTY of room to make the bed and it gave us a night stand on each side of the bed, BONUS !! It's all about floorplan !! JMHO

Lisa (Bobby A's better half)

Our BH only has the one night stand with the queen bed but with the combination of floor tile under the mattress and opening the closet door, the bed can be made with minimal exercise.

Joy