Custom garage length?

Prospective buyer very interested in the RW361. The floor plan, layout and length of the living area are exactly what we are looking for. We have ran into one problem that is stopping us from purchasing. The garage offered is only 14ft long and only offers a 2500lb carrying capacity. I want to ba able to haul my rock crawler in the garage area. It needs a 16ft garage, with a 94" wide door opening, and it weighs 5000lbs. I am a fabricator by trade, so reinforcing the frame/floor/door to handle that kind of weight is not really an issue, but is is possible to special order a camper that has a 2ft longer garage? I know that Weekend Warrior offered a a 5ft extension(making thier garages 17ft) as a factory option on their full throttle models, but they are no longer in business. My local dealer was an absolute idiot and could not answer these questions for me(I knew more about the camper we looked at than the salesman). Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

jimtoo

Hi fl-krawler,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Some of our other owners have made mods, not sure any like you want, but we should get some answers soon.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M