Transporting a Large Bike - Removable Wheel Chocks

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Fellow Cyclone Owners,

I would like your input - I purchased my Cyclone to allow me to take my Goldwing 1800 with me. I would like to have a chock setup to better secure my baby during transport - but the last thing I want is a chock mounted in the middle of what will double as office/living area in my Rig. What kinds of removable Chock systems are you all using - that are very low profile ( IE would be not be a tripping hazard ) when removed.

Thanks

Kevin

porthole

Retired
Kevin, I am using two Bike Pro removable chocks. They use a plate which you bolt to the floor and the actual chock is mounted to the plate with two short bolts. I have two chocks and 5 plates. 2 plates in the Cyclone and 3 in my motorcycle trailer.
The Bike Pro's are a ride in to the chock then step off and start strapping it down.

I have them set in the trailer so that 2 of the 4 mounting bolts are through the steel under the garage floor.
Pictures of the chock and plate in this post (#79 & 80)
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/11365-And-so-it-begins?p=123837&viewfull=1#post123837

robnmo

Kevin, not sure what brand ours is, but it's a simple chock that has 3 inserts that were screwed in with an allen wrench into holes I drilled in the floor, (I think Adventure RV sells that chock also) simply place the bolts in place, slide in the chock and tighten. When removed there is nothing but the inserts that are completely flush with the floor. Not much to the chock and when removed I drop it in the beaver tail storage. We haul my Heritage and the wifes wideglide (in a different type chock) been many a mile and not one problem yet.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I have used this chock for a 900# Cavalcade. Once the chock is removed, there are only two little receptacles that remain on the floor. Made right here in good ol' Wisconsin.

CLICK HERE

alkyspeed

Best one I have found so far is the Condor. It holds the bike up straight and and allows you to set your straps without using the kickstand. Removes easily and only leaves the floor bracket. Not cheap but safe and they work, Super set up.

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
Pingles are good chocks, but my preference is to ride in and step off. When using the motorcycle trailer I will use it as a garage, parking the bikes in overnight. That trailer is not big enough for kickstand use. So if using the Cyclone for overnight use that migh also be something to consider.

porthole

Retired
Condor's are very good. But on average they are 75-100 bucks more then the Bike Pro's, and take up more room. When not using the Bike Pro's both of mine hang on one hook in the garage. They will "nest".

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Pingles are good chocks, but my preference is to ride in and step off. When using the motorcycle trailer I will use it as a garage, parking the bikes in overnight. That trailer is not big enough for kickstand use. So if using the Cyclone for overnight use that might also be something to consider.
I certainly can't argue your point. When I was trailering the bike, I had a strap on each side of the trailer, handlebar high, with the nylon loop things, I was able to ride in, hook up a strap to each side of the handlebars and step off. My trailer was only 6 ft wide though. A bit narrower than a Cyclone.

About Pingle Enterprises. After we moved to WI from IL back in 1999, I worked for Pingle for 3 days. My first day, I punched the holes in the chocks just prior to the weld station. My 2nd day I was at the weld station. I quit at lunch time my 3rd day. Long story short, I couldn't handle standing in front of a machine, watching a clock for 8 hours or so. In my previous job I was footloose all day long.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Thank you all for your thoughtful input - I decided on the Condor, even with the larger size and the issues with storing it after it is removed is less of a concern for me.

Kevin

Lou_and_Bette

Kevin, I'm a little late replying and see that you have made, what I consider, the best choice of a chock. I have the Condor Trailer only chock and I am very happy with this product. I ride an HD Ultra Classic and love to ride the bike into the chock and step off. Also, I love the fact that I can, and do, secure the bike with only two rachet straps hooked low on the rear part of the frame and the bike has made many trips over all kinds of roads without any problems at all. I think you will be statisfied with this chock

Lou

porthole

Retired
Condor, Pingle, Bike Pro - whatever - 2 straps down low in the rear only is asking for a very discouraging trip into the trailer some day.