PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Gulf Shores - 4/26/2012 to 4/29/2012

hogan
08-17-2011, 12:50 PM
22050 Campground Road, Gulf Shores, AL 36542Venue:------------------------------

Gulf State Park
22050 Campground Road
Gulf Shores, AL 36542
1-800-252-7275 (tel:1-800-252-7275)
www.alapark.com (http://www.alapark.com)
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee: $
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee: $

Details:------------------------------

Number of sites held: 40
Site fee: per night.
Club Member Event fee: $0
Non-Club Member fee: $20
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 4/27/2012
Potluck time: 6:25pm

Event Leader: hoganc(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=9095)

Additional Info:------------------------------Spring Rally for Mississippi/Alabama Chapter of HOC; this venue provides something for everyone; Beach is part of state park, Outlet Shopping, Golf, Great Seafood, Naval Museum, Blue Angels, Floribama, bike trails, hiking trails, fishingMore information will be added as we move toward the date of the Rally. Site cost will be added to the data soon.

Attendees: Name, Forum name, member #, Hometown
Wayne and Anita Cooper GetnBye 1217 Scottsville, Al
Jerry and Lily Worth Gizzy 1542 Montgomery, Al
Michael and Kelly Barnett 2psnapod2 1817 Montgomery, Al
Dave and Julie Yocum davebennington 1006 Bracey, Va
John and Noel Whitney Jwhitney1946 1956 Magnolia Springs, Al
Jerry and Jaci Volden jnv 1770 Germantown, Wi
Bob and Barb Mansolino Bobemuzzy 2023 Hartselle, Al
Lou and Bette Dick lou_and_bette 1941 Ocean Springs, Ms
Denny and Ann Olvany olvany 1194 Carrierre, Ms
Bobby and Peggy Sheedy rsheedy 1156 Weir, Ms
Jay and Stella Coffman jayc 1017 Bellville, Tx
George & Lynn Santowski gjsant2000 2103 Georgetown, Tx
Eric & Dorothy Van Opstal Flying Dutchman 1202 Pamplin, Va
David & Susan Gondron Davidg 1238 New Iberia, La
HJ and Marybeth Rivers Ocala, Fl
Glenn & Fran Schaaf gschaaf 1536 Atco, NJ
John & Janey Oren JJOren 2070 Saucier, MS
Kim & Dot Miranda kimdot 1977 Merritt Island, Fl
Bill & Ornell Sims osims 1041 Port Arthur, Tx
Jim & Nancy Beletti jbeletti 1001 Crossville, Tn
Mickey & Bonnie Meridith MICKEY 1239 New Smyrna, Fl
Gerry & Debbie Atkinson TGLBWH 1750 Woodhaven, Mi
Larry & Judy Haines judykhaines Walls, Ms
Terry & Ann Adkins Tea-Ann2 1409 Tupelo, Ms
Danny & Elise Brown dannyandelisebrown 2093 Tallehassee, Fl
Wyndy Broome & Pat Watrol wyndysweep 2108 Rogersville, AL

Hogan and Donna Cooper hoganc 1649 Tupelo, Ms

2psnapod1
08-18-2011, 11:34 AM
Gosh, darn it! I'm gonna have to post Michael's drill schedule on the forum and everyone will be expected to consult it before scheduling ANY rallys around the Alabama area! Nearly every rally that would be close enough for us to attend is scheduled on his drill weekend. :-(

hogan
08-18-2011, 11:44 AM
Kelly, what about the following weekend? If he is off then, I will move the date. What about the October Rally in Philadelphia; will yall be able to make that one?

Hogan Cooper

2psnapod1
08-18-2011, 11:48 AM
Hi Hogan, I was just teasing...but if it is possible for you to change the date...that would be great. But you don't have to do it just for us.

As for the MS rally we are just waiting to hear from you to see if you got a better deal or not before we reserve our site...do you have anymore info there?

hogan
08-18-2011, 11:53 AM
We will visit the park this next week and report to everyone. If you are good for the week following 19th, we will change it. It was not set in stone and easy to change now. Let me know and I will do it today.

2psnapod2
08-18-2011, 12:04 PM
Hogan, yes I am working the weekend of 20-22 Apr 2012 and if it was changed to the next weekend, I am able to attend. Thanks for doing that. I hope it will not be to much work. And if you need any assistance with anything just let us know.

Herbiesrig
08-18-2011, 12:36 PM
:) I was happy to see a HO Rally in Gulf Shores..... We had gone there for the 1st 3 years of wintering and DH wanted to go to Texas and that is where we go.. It sounds good to me... If it stays the 19th to 22nd.. Alot of winter Texans will be heading home and what a great place to stop... It is still cool there... we will be waiting for more information... herbiesrig - da yooper!!

JohnDar
08-18-2011, 09:12 PM
Hmmm. That precedes our normal seasonal site dates and we timeshared in Gulf Shores last fall and liked the area (got an old friend down there on the west side of Mobile Bay). Might be a consideration. I don't have a drill schedule anymore, just a nice blue ID card and a pension for it.

Passed it by the wife and she was interested, especially if she gets a side trip to New Orleans. I'll have to subscribe to this thread and see what shakes out. That is if you'll allow "Yankees" to come to your rally.

2psnapod1
08-18-2011, 09:30 PM
Michael is active duty Army Reserves (but still has to work drill weekends) but only for another year and then he, too, will have the coveted 'retired' ID card too! :p

GETnBYE
08-18-2011, 09:31 PM
Count us in...(for now)....but we will be tentative until the first of the year when Wayne gets to pick for vacations.

Gotta use at least 2 of them for Wyoming, that is if he can talk me into that long drive.
Nita

JohnDar
08-18-2011, 09:35 PM
Michael is active duty Army Reserves (but still has to work drill weekends) but only for another year and then he, too, will have the coveted 'retired' ID card too! :p

Once he gets that pretty blue ID card, make sure he pulls it out everytime he visits Lowe's or Home Depot. 10% discount on the spot. Tricare medical coverage is worth looking into, as well. Saved us $300 a month in premiums dumping our BC/BS under GM retiree's coverage, to that. Copays and prescription coverage the same or better.

2psnapod1
08-18-2011, 09:43 PM
Oh yeah! We try to ask for a military discount as much as possible....living in a military community there are quite a few business that offer them here. We, too, will be going with Tricare for Life coverage. After nearly 30 years in the Army we'll continue to take advantage of any benefits we can receive.

2psnapod1
08-18-2011, 09:46 PM
Passed it by the wife and she was interested, especially if she gets a side trip to New Orleans. I'll have to subscribe to this thread and see what shakes out. That is if you'll allow "Yankees" to come to your rally.

Come on down, John! New Orleans is wonderful if haven't been there yet....or even if you have! We are displaced Yankee's (Wisconsin) due to the Army - but these southern folks are pretty darn hospitable!

JohnDar
08-18-2011, 09:52 PM
Oh yeah! We try to ask for a military discount as much as possible....living in a military community there are quite a few business that offer them here. We, too, will be going with Tricare for Life coverage. After nearly 30 years in the Army we'll continue to take advantage of any benefits we can receive.

I'm still a couple of years shy of Tricare for Life, but it's what I'll be looking at. For now, Tricare Standard works well for us. My forays into the south have always been pleasant. Four years active USAF, 27 years active reserve. I wouldn't trade the experience for anything.

Gizzy
08-18-2011, 09:57 PM
Hogan,
You can count on Lily and I. Looking forward to it.

clubmgr
08-18-2011, 10:26 PM
Hogan:

Sounds like a great place. Dave and I are planning on being there.

2psnapod1
08-19-2011, 08:43 AM
Hogan - is it safe to make reservations or do we need to wait for you to 'wheel & deal'?

GETnBYE
08-20-2011, 07:39 PM
Julie, Glad you will be able to make it.

Sounds like a great place. Dave and I are planning on being there.

GETnBYE
08-20-2011, 07:41 PM
Hogan - is it safe to make reservations or do we need to wait for you to 'wheel & deal'?

If Hogan can wheel and deal with the State of Alabama, he needs to come help do taxes this year where I work!

hogan
08-31-2011, 09:11 AM
Great News: The attendee list is growing for the Springtime Ms/Al Chapter Rally at Gulf State Park, Gulf Shores, Alabama. Go to Post #1 for details on the Rally. If your name is not on the list below, email me at hogancooper@att.net and sign up.

Wayne and Anita Cooper, Scottsville, Al
Jerry and Lily Worth, Montgomery, Al
Michael and Kelly Barnett, Montgomery, Al
Dave Yokum and Julie Hancock, Virginia
John and Noel Whitney, Magnolia Springs, Al
Jerry and Jaci Volden, Germantown, Wi
Hogan and Donna Cooper, Tupelo, Ms

hogan
09-04-2011, 12:56 PM
More folks added to the Attendee List. Glad it's not this weekend.

goldenbetty
09-17-2011, 12:51 PM
22050 Campground Road, Gulf Shores, AL 36542
Venue:
------------------------------

Gulf State Park
22050 Campground Road
Gulf Shores, AL 36542
1-800-252-7275
www.alapark.com (http://www.alapark.com)
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee: $
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee: $
Details:

Number of sites held: 31
Site fee: per night.
Club Member Event fee: $0
Non-Club Member fee: $20
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 4/20/2012
Potluck time: 6:15pm

Event Leader: hoganc(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=9095)
Additional Info:
This will be the Spring Rally for Mississippi/Alabama Chapter of HOC; this venue provides so much opportunity for everyone; Beach is part of state park, Outlet Shopping, Golf, Great Seafood Restaurants, Naval Museum, Blue Angels, only 8 miles to Florabama, bike trails, hiking trails, No hurricanes.
More information will be added as we move toward the date of the Rally. Site cost will be added to the data soon.

Attendees:

Wayne and Anita Cooper, Scottsville, Al
Jerry and Lily Worth, Montgomery, Al
Michael and Kelly Barnett, Montgomery, Al
Dave Yokum and Julie Hancock, Virginia
John and Noel Whitney, Magnolia Springs, Al
Jerry and Jaci Volden, Germantown, Wi
John and Darlene Borysewicz, Grand Blanc, Mi
Hogan and Donna Cooper, Tupelo, Ms
Harry and Betty Lindsey, New Orleans, LA

GETnBYE
09-17-2011, 03:56 PM
More folks added to the Attendee List. Glad it's not this weekend.

Oh I wish it was this weekend, it will probably be warm and dry down there.

2psnapod2
09-17-2011, 08:46 PM
It was really nice sitting outside here tonight. You could not have asked for a better weather night to sit outside.

Lou_and_Bette
10-11-2011, 01:09 PM
As I mentioned in our PM Hogan, put Bette and I on the list...hopefully we can get this rally inder our belts before I wear out my welcome with the other great folks we met last weekend:D

Lou_and_Bette
10-18-2011, 09:49 AM
Any thoughts on making our reservations now or waiting until closer to the date?

Lou

hogan
10-18-2011, 10:24 AM
Hello Lou,
There is no advantage to making reservations at this time. Should be no problem to do the reservations either late February or early March for the April Rally. When you do a reservation, they charge you for a deposit which amounts to one day fee at that time; no use in having your money tied up all that time. I will post on the forum and by email when the time is right. Got pictures of you and Bette that are really good. Anita posted a group of pics on the New Site thread, you can see them there and download to your computer.
Bobby and Peggy Sheedy showed up at our campsite down at Choctaw Lake this past Saturday. It was good to see them and a surprise. They live pretty close to that campground. The campground is pretty and has about 20 sites. It will close Nov. 1st for winter; open next spring. Very peaceful and quiet. We are headed up to Kentucky this Sunday for a visit with friends working at Amazon. Found out one of the campgrounds I planned to visit also was closing on Sunday. Cold weather must be around the corner.
If you are headed down Florida way this winter, we will be there from 12/29 until April 1st. Tampa RV show in mid January.
Hogan

Lou_and_Bette
10-19-2011, 09:39 AM
Sorry Hogan, I must be missing something, I went back to the New Site thread and only found the group photo. Is that what you were referring to?

Lou

hogan
10-19-2011, 09:56 AM
16463No, I got a bunch of pictures that Beletti had sent to me. I will get one to you. Give me your snailmail addy. and try to post it here. click on the picture to make it larger.

pennymay
11-04-2011, 10:58 AM
We are so getting ready for this trip. We have been talking about this one alot and we both can't wait to see our friends we have meet and waiting to meet new ones. Come on April.

Penny

hogan
11-22-2011, 10:30 AM
Tom and Millie Combs have signed up for our Spring Rally at Gulf State Park. They are from Sebree, Ky and will stop by on their way home from a trip to east coast. Welcome Tom and Millie. Also got an email from John and Noel Whitney confirming they will be at the Rally. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

jayc
12-07-2011, 06:24 PM
Hogan, thanks for the invitation. We'll be there!

hogan
12-11-2011, 03:53 PM
This week we had two more out of stater's sign up for our April Chapter Rally at Gulf Shores Alabama. The party just keeps getting better and better. Jay and Stella Coffman, Texas HOC ambassadors, and John and Sue Younger from Surprise, Arizona have signed on for the Rally.

Flying Dutchman
12-12-2011, 06:20 AM
Well Hogan and Donna, we plan to be with you at the great Alamissibamasippi Spring rally and can't wait to see our Southern Heartland kin again. We will make our reservations around February, do you have a site area in mind so that we can be grouped close together?
We will be leaving for FL after Christmas at home with family, so we will see you both in Tampa. We are looking forward to as many campouts with our Heartland family in 2012 as we can manage. Merry Christmas to all, and wishing you a healthy and Happy New Year.

hogan
12-12-2011, 07:43 AM
Woo Hoo!!! What a way to start off the week. The First Family of Heartland Owners Club, Eric and Dorothy, Flying Dutchman, has joined up for the AL/Ms Spring Rally down at Gulf Shores, Alabama. All of us in the Alamissibamasippi Chapter look forward to having you be with us.
Eric and Dorothy are headed toward setting a record for most Heartland Rallies attended in a year.
Merry Christmas
Hogan and Donna Cooper

Lou_and_Bette
12-13-2011, 11:24 AM
Hogan, not sure if this is where I should address this but I have been following Jim B's thread regarding the National rally in Gillett and noticed he mentioned that if we wanted to be group with our chapters to coordinate with our leader and it would be arranged through you? I am excited about meeting old and new friends in Gulf Shores and Bette, while somewhat apprehensive about going the long distance to the Wy rally, has agreed to have a go at it. So, if you and/or other chapter members are planning on going, is grouping together a good idea or do others like to be sread out so they meet new people?

Lou

hogan
12-13-2011, 03:11 PM
Heh Lou, great to hear you and Bette will be going out to Gillette. Donna and I have it on our schedule. I will check with others in our Chapter to see who plans to go. As far as grouping together, I like that idea as it gives us a chance to have some chapter get-gethers in between the many activities that will be going on at Gillette. We will do lots of visiting with the other folks at the Rally. You are going to love it. Be on the lookout for the message to be issued on signing up for the Rally; should be in the next few days. Merry Christmas.
Hogan

Lou_and_Bette
12-13-2011, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the reply and thanks for the X-mas card...I have been checking my e-mail every day on getting home from work and again before I go to bed, that's how excited I am about this rally (usually checked once a week before)
Lou

ncc1701e
12-20-2011, 11:46 AM
Hogn, I finally got around to actually making my reservations today. Spoke directly to the campground asked to be with the Heartland group. Asked about site assignment, the kind lady said not until we check in.

hogan
01-04-2012, 08:34 AM
Who will be Rig #20 for the Gulf Shores Rally? David and Susan Gondron from New Iberia, Louisiana have signed on for out Spring Rally, April 26-29 at Gulf State Park. As cold as it is in Florida this morning, I am looking forward to a warm spring day on the Gulf Coast.

hogan
01-04-2012, 05:38 PM
The wait to see who #20 rig would be did not last long. HJ and Marybeth Rivers of Ocala, Florida, friends of Bobby and Peggy Sheedy have signed on to the Rally Attendees list. They are currently not Heartland Owners, but we welcome them anyway and feel free to tell them the many advantages of being a HOC member.
Hogan

hogan
01-08-2012, 07:24 AM
Our newest ALAMISSIBAMASIPPI members, John and Janey Oren have signed up for the Gulf State Park Rally April 26th-29th bringing the current Rig count to 22. John and Janey have a new Landmark Mesa and are anxious to show it off to us. Send them a welcome to our Chapter and the Rally. Username is JJOren or you can just post it here.

GETnBYE
01-08-2012, 03:44 PM
we are a "fur sure" now~ Vacation is posted. Can't wait!! Hogan..........book some restaurants.......I'm not cooking the whole time, LOL

Count us in...(for now)....but we will be tentative until the first of the year when Wayne gets to pick for vacations.

Nita

hogan
01-17-2012, 07:31 PM
Glad to see that Wayne and Nita are "Fur Sures" now and tonight I added Kim and Dot Miranda from Merritt Island, Florida to the attendees list. We met them last August at the Florida Chapter campout at Topsail Hill State Park; a great couple that I feel sure you will enjoy camping and Rallying with. Welcome Kim and Dot.

happykampers
01-26-2012, 01:33 AM
Hello,
My wife and I live in Mobile and we just purchased an MPG 181 this week. We would like to try to make it to this event to meet some of the other Heartland owners in the area. We plan on joining the Owners Club soon.

hogan
01-26-2012, 05:15 AM
Hello happykampers, We would surely enjoy having you join us for the April Rally in Gulf Shores. Just give me the word and I will post you to our list of Attendees. I would encourage you to go ahead and join the Owners Club. You will enjoy the many benefits of HOC membership; not the least of which would be no fees for this Chapter Rally. If I can be of any assistance in any way, let me know. email me at ahcooperii@gmail.com or by way of this thread. There is no need to make a reservation at Gulf Shores at this time. I will notify everyone via email and by way of this thread around the end of February with instructions on making reservations. Look forward to hearing back from you. Hogan Cooper

osims
01-31-2012, 09:00 AM
If there is still a space left we would love to attend the rally
Bill and Ornell

hogan
01-31-2012, 04:20 PM
Bill and Ornell, we do not have a limit on attendees for the Gulf Shore Rally. More the merrier. I will list you on the Rally string; there is no need to do a reservation until late February; I will notify you when time is right. What is your hometown? Username on forum and member number?
We are so happy you will join us.
Hogan Cooper

jbeletti
02-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Hogan,

The Belettis are coming! We arrive 25-Apr for 5 nights.

Jim

hogan
02-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Nancy, Ruby, Emme, and Jim; we are excited to have you coming to the fun filled south for our Spring Rally. You are going to love LA. Looking forward to seeing your new Landmark; tours anticipated. And you are rig # 25.

davebennington
02-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Hogan,

Do you have an idea as to when we can register for the rally?

dave

hogan
02-02-2012, 07:46 PM
[QUOTE=davebennington;227104]Hogan,

Do you have an idea as to when we can register for the rally?

Dave, I have you listed as Attendee for the Rally; I have been advising everyone to wait until at least end of February to register with campground. I will advise via post to this thread and also individual emails to all attendees when the time is right. Look forward to seeing you there. Hogan

jbeletti
02-03-2012, 05:53 AM
Hogan,

Sorry - I did not read/follow the directions. I registered with the CG and paid a $33 deposit. Hope that doesn't mess anything up for you.

Jim

JohnDar
02-03-2012, 10:10 AM
Hogan,

Sorry - I did not read/follow the directions. I registered with the CG and paid a $33 deposit. Hope that doesn't mess anything up for you.

Jim

I'll bet you were the kid that took cuts in the lunch line at school so he could grab the biggest piece of pie.:D If you get there first, you've gotta have the beer cold when the rest of us arrive.

jbeletti
02-03-2012, 11:12 AM
I'll bet you were the kid that took cuts in the lunch line at school so he could grab the biggest piece of pie.:D If you get there first, you've gotta have the beer cold when the rest of us arrive.

No cuts in the lunch line John, but I learned later on in life how to be first to the potluck line - ask anyone :)

Okay - cold beer then. Now, which rally is this? :) So many...

hogan
02-03-2012, 12:30 PM
Jim, no problem with your early registration. What is your promise date for the new KL?

jbeletti
02-03-2012, 12:32 PM
Jim, no problem with your early registration. What is your promise date for the new KL?

I promise to have it at your rally!

Actually, it goes online next week or the week after. We pick it up at the end of February. I may even be pulling it into your rally with a new truck :) Still working on that deal.

hogan
02-05-2012, 01:28 PM
To all those on the attendee list for the Alamissibamasippi Spring Rally in Gulf Shores, Alabama; we will have a meet and greet party on the first night of the Rally, April 26th. The theme will be "Ring the Bell" and our refreshments will be Blue Bell Ice Cream in assorted flavors. If anyone has a special request; beyond Ho Made Vaniller, Dutch Chocolate, and Tin Roof Sundae, post your desires; we'll see what we can do.

MICKEY
02-08-2012, 10:33 AM
Hogan and Donna;

Bonnie and I would love to come to your event. Keep us posted as to when to drop the dime to the CG. Looks like a big weekend planned. If you need anything let me know. And Nita...I have a cd for you, if you'll still talk to me since I'm so late getting back to you.

2psnapod1
02-08-2012, 10:48 AM
Mickey! So happy to see that you and Bonnie will be able to make it! I am SO looking forward to this rally!

JohnDar
02-08-2012, 11:03 AM
I gotta start laying out the stops for our trek down there and back. Probably run I-69 to Indy and then I-65 the rest of the way towards the Mobile area.

2psnapod1
02-08-2012, 11:14 AM
John,

If you're in need of an overnighter here are a few we can attest to:

Northgate RV Park - Athens, AL (exit 354 off of 65) Easy on, Easy off. $24 a night full hook up. http://alabamarvtravel.com/

Caboose Lake Campground - Remington, IN (exit 201 off of 65). $26 a night full hook up. http://www.cabooselake.com/

Capitol City RV Park - Montgomery, AL (home for us) $27 a night full hook up (I believe) http://www.capitalcityrvpark.net/

Hope this helps in your planning!

Looking forward to meeting you!

JohnDar
02-08-2012, 11:17 AM
Sweet! Thanks!

hogan
02-08-2012, 11:28 AM
Great to have Mickey and Bonnie, our Florida chapter leaders, come and join us for the Alamissibamasippi Spring Rally in Gulf Shores State Park. These folks know how to get their Rally Shoes on. Mickey, will advise when it is time to make our reservations.
Hogan and Donna

2psnapod1
02-09-2012, 10:36 AM
Sweet! Thanks!

John I should also mention that the Camping World in Calera, AL (just off 65 as well) has a small full-hook up 'campground' at the end of their parking lot that they allow travelers to spend an overnight free of charge.

ncc1701e
02-09-2012, 11:57 AM
John I should also mention that the Camping World in Calera, AL (just off 65 as well) has a small full-hook up 'campground' at the end of their parking lot that they allow travelers to spend an overnight free of charge.

Thank you very much, trying to plan our return trip to KY after leaving Gulf Shores. This would split the trip almost exactly in half.

2psnapod1
02-09-2012, 12:31 PM
Thank you very much, trying to plan our return trip to KY after leaving Gulf Shores. This would split the trip almost exactly in half.

You are more than welcome! Calera is quite small but does have a Walmart and a few restaurants if needed.

JohnDar
02-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Thanks again. I was planning on an overnight near Birmingham. That might just fit the bill. Do you know, is it first-come or do they take reservations. It would be at the end of a long drive and trying to hunt down a spot to park it in a strange area would not be good.

2psnapod1
02-09-2012, 04:50 PM
It is first come first serve but we've never been there when it was full. It's a relatively new place so I don't think a whole lot of people know about it yet. We are on our way there as I type this...getting some warranty work down on the coach.

TGLBWH
02-23-2012, 10:02 AM
Add another Michigander to your list. If I counted right, make us Number 27. Really looking forward to being down there after a long tax season. Wish We could leave now

hogan
02-23-2012, 04:46 PM
Great to have the Michiganders (new term for me) Gerry and Debbie Adkinson rig#27 sign up for the Spring Rally and today I also got a call from Terry and Ann Adkins Tea-Ann2 rig#28 who are coming to the Rally in April. Then our friend's Larry and Judy Haines committed to making the Rally and we are hoping they will be Full Fledged Heartlanders by Rally time. They are rig#29.

So now, who will make it 30 rigs for the Rally. No limit on number of rigs, so come on down.
Hogan Cooper

2psnapod1
02-23-2012, 05:13 PM
Is it time to reserve our sites yet!?!? I'm dying here, Hogan!

hogan
02-23-2012, 06:17 PM
My answer is: No, not yet. But if you are dying, go for it. Won't cause any problems, I hope.

2psnapod1
02-23-2012, 06:28 PM
I'll wait, I'll wait... :(

GETnBYE
02-28-2012, 10:53 AM
Hogan and Donna;

Bonnie and I would love to come to your event. Keep us posted as to when to drop the dime to the CG. Looks like a big weekend planned. If you need anything let me know. And Nita...I have a cd for you, if you'll still talk to me since I'm so late getting back to you.

Mickey, Glad you and Bonnie will be at the rally. No problem on the cd, I am so slow getting photos to people, I am the last one who could complain to anyone. Ha

MICKEY
03-03-2012, 05:37 PM
Nita and Wayne;
How could we not come? The best friends, the best food, and great locations. I know one thing, if Nita says she knows a good place to party, you better listen. See ya in the spring.

Mickey and Bonnie

GETnBYE
03-03-2012, 09:31 PM
Nita and Wayne;
How could we not come? The best friends, the best food, and great locations. I know one thing, if Nita says she knows a good place to party, you better listen. See ya in the spring.

Mickey and Bonnie

We can start here.....http://www.lulubuffett.com/index-live.php

Flying Dutchman
03-06-2012, 09:44 PM
Hey Wayne and Nita, so looking forward to seeing you both again. LuLu's looks like a great place to start, count us in.

GETnBYE
03-10-2012, 12:28 PM
Hey Wayne and Nita, so looking forward to seeing you both again. LuLu's looks like a great place to start, count us in.

Hey Dorothy and Eric, I am excited to see ya'll again and so many others at this rally that I will be able to remember names for. I am the worst at that. I am thinking this will be a very fun time. I am counting the days.

2psnapod2
03-10-2012, 09:42 PM
Hey Dorothy and Eric, I am excited to see ya'll again and so many others at this rally that I will be able to remember names for. I am the worst at that. I am thinking this will be a very fun time. I am counting the days.

Nita, I will be studying the list of attendees. I am not too good with names either.

JohnDar
03-11-2012, 09:39 AM
Unfortunately due to some considerations, it looks like we'll have to cancel out of the Gulf Shores get-together.

2psnapod1
03-11-2012, 11:17 AM
Unfortunately due to some considerations, it looks like we'll have to cancel out of the Gulf Shores get-together.

awwww....I'm sorry to hear that. I, personally, was really looking forward to meeting you. You give such good advice - it would have been nice to meet you in person. Maybe things will work out and you will still be able to make it...if not somewhere down the road, perhaps.

JohnDar
03-11-2012, 12:20 PM
awwww....I'm sorry to hear that. I, personally, was really looking forward to meeting you. You give such good advice - it would have been nice to meet you in person. Maybe things will work out and you will still be able to make it...if not somewhere down the road, perhaps.

Well, thanks, I appreciate that. :o

hogan
03-13-2012, 03:08 PM
John and Darlene,
So sorry to hear you will not make our AlaMissibamasippi Spring Rally down at Gulf Shores, Alabama. You know if you see the way clear to make it after all, we will certainly welcome you to join us. I will remove your name from the list of attendees, but if you change your mind, let me know and we will put you right back there.

Hogan Cooper

hogan
03-13-2012, 03:18 PM
Heh Gang, I know several of you are primed and ready to make your reservation for the Rally at Gulf State Park April 26th -29th. I talked to one of the park managers today and he asked me to call the head manager on Thursday to finalize plans.

The manager told me that there will be plenty of sites available for us; so don't worry Kelly. I know most of you like to get your plans in place early but he assured me we will be fine.

Again, look for the updates on Friday of this week.

Man, I can't wait for Rally time.

Hogan Cooper

hogan
03-16-2012, 01:54 PM
Okay Gang, the time has arrived to make reservations for the ALAMISSIBAMASIPPI “Spring on the Beach” Rally at Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores, Alabama. I know many have been anxious to get this little chore completed so you know you have a home for the Rally. I am happy to report there will be ample space for all of us plus anyone else we sign up between now and Rally time.

Here are the particulars:
Everyone
needs to make their own individual reservations for Gulf State Park. Many of us will arrive before the first day of the Rally April 26th and perhaps stay longer, so arrange your own length of stay. The park will charge you a one-day non-refundable deposit to confirm your reservation. You will pay the remainder of your camping fees upon arrival and if you decide to extend your stay, you can do so later. I believe they have a 14 day limit on a site.

To make your reservation- Call the campground at 1-800-252-7275
Tell the person taking your reservation
information that you will be with the Heartland Rally. The campground does not do site-specific reservations, but they will assign our Heartland Rally group to one area as we arrive.

If possible, would each of you send me just a short email to
ahcooperii@gmail.com (ahcooperii@gmail.com) saying that you have made your reservation, or post it on the forum thread. That information will help me to coordinate with the campground management on site assignment.

Donna and I are really anxious to see all of you down at Gulf Shores. We are looking forward to a great time of socializing, some good foods, and some tall tales.

Let’s get ready to Rumble……I mean Rally!!!!
Hogan and Donna Cooper
Chapter Leaders- AL/MS Heartland Owners Club

rsheedy
03-16-2012, 03:40 PM
Peggy and I have reservations, arrive 4/25 depart 4/29 and we are really looking forward to it.

GETnBYE
03-16-2012, 04:00 PM
We are in. Here is another "must see"
http://www.throwedrolls.com/

jayc
03-16-2012, 04:05 PM
We're down to arrive on Wednesday April 25th and departing on Monday April 30th.

We'd also be down for Lambert's Throwed Rolls!

2psnapod2
03-16-2012, 08:13 PM
Kelly and I are in. We will be there late on Friday and out on Monday! Can wait. We are at the Georgia Rally now and glad to finally get a few days off.

hogan
03-17-2012, 08:08 AM
See Post # 86 for reservations instructions

2psnapod1
03-17-2012, 10:00 AM
Kelly and I are in. We will be there late on Friday and out on Monday! Can wait. We are at the Georgia Rally now and glad to finally get a few days off.

That should be - we arrive on THURSDAY the 26th and depart on SUNDAY the 19th. And I'm in for some THROWED ROLLS...never been!

hogan
03-18-2012, 05:56 AM
I am reposting the Reservations Instructions below. One thing I forgot to mention: the campground will accept cash, credit, debit cards, but does not accept checks.

Okay Gang, the time has arrived to make reservations for the ALAMISSIBAMASIPPI “Spring on the Beach” Rally at Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores, Alabama. I know many have been anxious to get this little chore completed so you know you have a home for the Rally. I am happy to report there will be ample space for all of us plus anyone else we sign up between now and Rally time.

Here are the particulars:
Everyone
needs to make their own individual reservations for Gulf State Park. Many of us will arrive before the first day of the Rally April 26th and perhaps stay longer, so arrange your own length of stay. The park will charge you a one-day non-refundable deposit to confirm your reservation. You will pay the remainder of your camping fees upon arrival and if you decide to extend your stay, you can do so later. I believe they have a 14 day limit on a site.

To make your reservation- Call the campground at 1-800-252-7275
Tell the person taking your reservation
information that you will be with the Heartland Rally. The campground does not do site-specific reservations, but they will assign our Heartland Rally group to one area as we arrive.

If possible, would each of you send me just a short email to
ahcooperii@gmail.com (ahcooperii@gmail.com) saying that you have made your reservation, or post it on the forum thread. That information will help me to coordinate with the campground management on site assignment.

Donna and I are really anxious to see all of you down at Gulf Shores. We are looking forward to a great time of socializing, some good foods, and some tall tales.

Let’s get ready to Rumble……I mean Rally!!!!
Hogan and Donna Cooper
Chapter Leaders- AL/MS Heartland Owners Club

gschaaf
03-18-2012, 07:23 PM
Hi Hogan I tried to make my reservation over the weekend but I couldn't get anybody. They only gave hours mon. thru fri. so I will try tommoro. We'll be there one way or another

GETnBYE
03-18-2012, 07:42 PM
Hi Hogan I tried to make my reservation over the weekend but I couldn't get anybody. They only gave hours mon. thru fri. so I will try tommoro. We'll be there one way or another

I made mine online with no problems. I just put Heartland Rally in the notes section.

gschaaf
03-18-2012, 07:46 PM
Thanks Wayne if I don't get thru on the phone tommoro thats what I'll do

hogan
03-19-2012, 05:50 AM
Glenn,
I had same problem; the voice said call back later, but always get same recording; I expect Monday thru Friday will work. I will call today also. What day do you expect to arrive at the Park?

Hogan

jnv
03-19-2012, 09:07 AM
I have been trying to get through to the park since 8:20 am (EST) this morning. I am also just getting the message to hang up and call back. Has anyone made it through yet? Will it be better to use the web site? Looking forward to meeting eveyone in April. See you down the road! :)

Lou_and_Bette
03-19-2012, 09:17 AM
WooHoo, we're in...arrive 4/22 out 5/5. Sorry to see John (JohnDar) is not going to be there...have appreciated his sage wisdom re: problem solving and was looking forward to seeing the multitude of mods he has done to his rig. Can't wait to see old friends again and meeting new ones. Trying to gut out the weather approaching us here just south of Fort Worth, TX..."put the hail deflector shields up. Mr. Scott"

jbeletti
03-19-2012, 09:59 AM
We are confirmed as:
AR: 25-APR
LV:30-APR
NTS: 5

We confirmed by phone today with Debbie. We called in about 4 or 5 times in a row and got through that way.

Jim

hogan
03-19-2012, 10:27 AM
Use the web. Be sure to put note in special request that you are with Heartland Rally

jnv
03-19-2012, 11:52 AM
Reservations have been made via the web site. We will arrive on the 26th and depart on the 30th.

gschaaf
03-19-2012, 01:20 PM
Reservations are made via the web will arrive 4/25 leaveing 4/29

Gizzy
03-19-2012, 02:10 PM
Made reservations on-line and rec'd e-mail confirmation today. Ar-4/26 - dep 4/30 (unless the fishing at the pier is too good) and we might be forced to stay longer. Looking forward to seeing familiar faces again and meeting new folks also.

JJOren
03-20-2012, 09:13 PM
Got our confirmed reservations today. Arrive on the 26th out on the 29th

ncc1701e
03-21-2012, 04:18 PM
We have our reservations: Arrival 26th - Leave 30th

We've never been to the area and are really looking forward to the trip. We're trying to figure what to do the couple days between Hilton Head Rally and Gulf Shores. Is anyone else traveling between the two rallies?

hogan
03-21-2012, 05:04 PM
Heh Guys, I expect someone will chime in with other advice, but several of us are arriving early for the Rally to get in some extra visiting, shopping, eating, etc. and we would love to have you come in early and join the early fun. Donna and I plan to be there on 4/22 along with several other couples. Come on down

Hogan Cooper

Gizzy
03-21-2012, 05:11 PM
Wish we could join you guys early, but we have a commitment on Wed evening. We plan to leave Early Wed AM and hopefully arriving before noon. We will probably hang out in the area for a few days after the rally. Anxious to see you guys again.

hogan
03-26-2012, 04:02 AM
Just one month left before the Gulf Shores Rally. Just back from a great chapter rally with the Florida chapter. Several folks there are trying to work our Rally into their travel schedules. Some coming from the Hilton Head Rally down to Gulf State Park. And might I suggest that those who can, head a few miles northeast on the following weekend for the Heartland Southeast Regional Rally at Pine Mountain, Ga. It's a beautiful location with lots of opportunities. Be sure to email davebennington when you sign up so he gets you on his attendee list.

GETnBYE
03-26-2012, 04:49 PM
This is a neat website and this is a veg/fruit market that is on the way to Gulf Shores. Might take some planning to find a place to pull off the road, but worth a try from what I remember.

http://www.roadfood.com/Restaurant/Overview/262/burris-farm-market-bakery

hogan
03-26-2012, 06:03 PM
They have RV parking behind and on south side of market. Fun place.

osims
03-28-2012, 09:10 AM
Our reservations are made, we will be arriving 4/25 with jayc and davidg

GETnBYE
03-31-2012, 11:57 AM
http://www.tangeroutlet.com/foley/directory

http://attractions.uptake.com/shopping/alabama/foley/77834918.html

https://www.facebook.com/SonicDriveInFoleyAl >>>>>>For Donna

http://www.thewharf-orangebeach.com/shopping.html

(http://www.thewharf-orangebeach.com/shopping.html)Just Sayin!!

hogan
04-04-2012, 05:28 AM
The Blue Angels will have practice sessions at Pensacola Naval Air Station on April 24 and 25th prior to our Rally start on April 26th. For those that are arriving early, I plan to drive over to Pensacola for one of the practice sessions depending on weather forecast. I will shoot for 25th and plan to tour the Museum there after the practice session. If anyone wants to sign on for this, we can car pool or wagon train over. It's about 30-40 minute drive over along the beautiful gulf coast.

You will need your picture ID to get on the base. No weapons allowed. The link below shows the schedule.
Hogan

http://www.blueangels.navy.mil/media/show/2012PracticeSchedule.pdf

hogan
04-04-2012, 05:42 AM
Here is a link for the Naval Museum at Pensacola NAS. If you like aircraft, spacecraft, Navy history, etc. you have got to go there. Admission is free; food and drinks are available in the museum.
There is an IMAX theatre which does charge admission; It's all on the link below; explore the opportunities.

http://www.navalaviationmuseum.org/

osims
04-04-2012, 10:25 AM
I think we will move our reservation up 1 day, we would really enjoy going towatch the Blue Angels

Lou_and_Bette
04-04-2012, 11:32 AM
They say "you souldn't wish your time away" but I wish it was time for the rally...we gotta get away from the Ft. Worth/Dallas area...dodging these storms is racking my nerves

MICKEY
04-04-2012, 04:05 PM
Hogan;
After all the busy signals on phone, I finally figured out how to do it online. We're in. Plan on being there on 26th departing 29th. Also I asked about LeAnne. She works through William Cline Agency ph # 727-789-4594.

Mickey and Bonnie

jayc
04-04-2012, 05:09 PM
We changed our arrival to the 24th so we can go to P-Cola too. We've seen the Blue Angels before and will love to see them again.

TGLBWH
04-04-2012, 06:58 PM
Arriving from Michigan on the 22nd and staying until the 29th when we head to visit daughter in Atlanta for another week. Sorry to hear my fellow Michigander JohnDar won't be making it. I also thought Jay and Bill would drag my SOB brother along. Unfortunately, he said he can't make it. My patience is wearing thin, I am ready, need to leave asap

hogan
04-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Happy Easter to all of you. Looking forward to seeing everyone in about three weeks. Yippee

kimdot
04-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Hi!!! Hogan and Donna,

Dottie and I are set up for arrive( from Topsail) 4/26 depart on 4/30. However, we may extend a few days to check out the area before we head to Texas.
Can hardly wait to get started on our trip west.

hogan
04-08-2012, 06:42 AM
Hi Kim and Dottie,
Good to hear from you. We are looking forward to seeing you also. This is our last week in Florida. Not really ready to head home yet, but Friday we will be headed north.
Happy Easter
See yall soon,
Hogan and Donna

Flying Dutchman
04-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Have made our reservations for Gulf State Park to arrive 4/26, and depart 5/3. Plan then to continue on to the SE Regional rally at Pine Mountain GA. Looking forward to seeing our AlaMissibamassippi friends again.

hogan
04-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Whoopee! We are so happy to have you to Rally with us. Glad you are feeling better Eric.

hogan
04-12-2012, 06:24 AM
DON'T miss this RV'n Demonstration: Out in the Boondocks

Coming to you from our southeastern appendage, one of Heartland's Owner's Club's most famous adventurists brings the story on how to power up off the beaten path. You will see first hand how to set up your coach for the silent solar energy. This will be on the agenda for Friday afternoon, April 27th. Time will be announced prior to the start of Rally.

Seats are limited; tickets are free. Put this on your list of things to do at the AlaMissiBamaSippi Springtime Rally.

jbeletti
04-12-2012, 10:18 AM
We have altered our arrival date. The Belettis will arrive on the 24th. I'd like to join the group going to see the Blue Angels practice on the 25th.

Jim

hogan
04-12-2012, 10:26 AM
Good thinking, Jim. We have watched the Blue Angels practice at their home field a couple of times now and this is far superior to seeing them at an airshow. You are right there on their ramp up close and personal. And don't have the long lines to get in and out of the airports that normally go with airshows.
To others who would like to join us for the Blue Angels practice at Pensacola Naval Air Station, you will need to have a photo ID for each person in the vehicle to get on the base. Ask Donna how I know this?

GETnBYE
04-13-2012, 10:10 AM
Wayne and I are on the road soon, will spend a few days near Fairhope to visit family and then on to the park.

Put us on the list for "de plane" thing Hogan, sounds like fun.

Can't wait to see all of our old and soon to be new rally buddies!

Sooooooo excited!!!!!

GETnBYE
04-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Wow, we picked a good day to drive thru this town.........I think.........we will let you know when/if we get thru there and to our first stop.
http://www.baldwincountystrawberryfestival.org/Festival.aspx

GETnBYE
04-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Smells a bit fishy to me................

http://www.alapark.com/gulfstate/Gulf%20State%20Park%20Pier/

hogan
04-13-2012, 02:54 PM
Those strawberries down there in LA are really good. Probably be a good idea to get some, clean, sugar, and freeze them for the Ring the Blue Bell Meet and Greet on 4/26.

hogan
04-13-2012, 07:43 PM
Alert: This just in. On Friday morning, April 27th a demonstration will take place at the Cooper's Bighorn presented by the Boss; Bob Mansolino assisted by yours truly on "How to Lube those valuable axle bearings" and check brakes for wear/ adjust if needed. Everyone is welcome; might want to bring a lawn chair, maybe a camera or video. Time will be announced on the Agenda. And don't forget, on Friday afternoon, our penisular adventurist will present his program "Out in the Boondocks" Time TBA.

wyndysweep
04-14-2012, 07:23 PM
How about Chocolate Chip?

To all those on the attendee list for the Alamissibamasippi Spring Rally in Gulf Shores, Alabama; we will have a meet and greet party on the first night of the Rally, April 26th. The theme will be "Ring the Bell" and our refreshments will be Blue Bell Ice Cream in assorted flavors. If anyone has a special request; beyond Ho Made Vaniller, Dutch Chocolate, and Tin Roof Sundae, post your desires; we'll see what we can do.

hogan
04-14-2012, 07:35 PM
Chocolate Chip will be there.

Lou_and_Bette
04-15-2012, 10:13 AM
Wayne, and any one coming into the area during the aforementioned Strawberry Festival...we were in that area last year during this event and even on our motorcycles traffic was a nightmare on Hwy 59 and would have been worse with our rig. If you have to travel that road, plan on doing it very early

GETnBYE
04-15-2012, 02:45 PM
Wayne, and any one coming into the area during the aforementioned Strawberry Festival...we were in that area last year during this event and even on our motorcycles traffic was a nightmare on Hwy 59 and would have been worse with our rig. If you have to travel that road, plan on doing it very early

Thanks Lou & Bette, We did come thru it and it was bad, but just a short distance. Good news it is over tomorrow (Sunday,April 16th), so no one should have to worry about it. We are just going to take it easy today and avoid all travel until we go and visit family in Fairhope and hit Spanish Fort for a bit of shopping...of course.
Nita

hogan
04-16-2012, 06:47 AM
The countdown is on. Just ten days till the official opening day of the AlaMissiBamaSippi Springtime Rally. Of course, many of us will be arriving early. Can't wait. Let's see. Get the taxes finished. Check out the boat. Pack and ship out.

ncc1701e
04-16-2012, 04:21 PM
As much as this kills me, Millie and I have had to dramaticlly change our plans for outings this spring. A couple health issues one mine and one hers has forced us to stay much closer to the house this spring. We look forward to a much better fall and hope to catch all of you another time. As Roy Rogers always said, "Happy Trails"............... catch you on the flip side.

Tom & Millie

hogan
04-16-2012, 09:43 PM
Tom and Millie,
So sorry to hear you won't be able to be with us at Gulf Shores. We hope your health issues are resolved quickly and we will count on seeing you at the Fall Rally. If you should change your mind, just let us know. We will have a place for you.

Stay in touch,
Hogan Cooper

2psnapod2
04-17-2012, 06:20 PM
Does anyone have a air compressor that I can use while at the rally? I still have the TST system that I need to get onto my coach. But really have not had time to get it done. I was thinking that during a lazy rally day would be a great time to getter done!

davebennington
04-17-2012, 06:24 PM
Michael,

I carry a compressor in the rig all the time, you are welcome to use it when you need it.

dav

2psnapod2
04-17-2012, 07:04 PM
Michael,

I carry a compressor in the rig all the time, you are welcome to use it when you need it.

dav

Thanks Dave, I will certainly take you up on it.

ncc1701e
04-17-2012, 08:46 PM
Tom and Millie,
So sorry to hear you won't be able to be with us at Gulf Shores. We hope your health issues are resolved quickly and we will count on seeing you at the Fall Rally. If you should change your mind, just let us know. We will have a place for you.

Stay in touch,
Hogan Cooper

Please keep us in the loop for the fall planning. Just will be impossible for this one.

wyndysweep
04-19-2012, 10:55 PM
Hogan - when is the get together at LuLu's?

hogan
04-20-2012, 04:11 AM
Wednesday night is probably the best night to go to LuLu's. We should have a good sized group of early arrivals;

hogan
04-20-2012, 04:49 PM
Here's the Scoop!

Ice Cream Alert- If you have a favorite Blue Bell ice cream flavor that you can't do without, better sound off. So far have one request for Chocolate Chip and an order for Vanilla and Dutch Chocolate. Might see banana split, butter pecan, lemon??? Will be watching the forum for any requests.

Gizzy
04-20-2012, 05:05 PM
Butter pecan sounds good to us!!!!!

JJOren
04-20-2012, 05:09 PM
I'm thinking Blue Bell used to have a "Chocolate Turtle"...something like that? Vanilla ice cream, nuts, chocolate and carmel...and if they don't have it they should!!!!..LOL

2psnapod1
04-20-2012, 05:53 PM
Ice cream!?! Yum! Our freezer doesn't get cold enough for ice cream... something with peanut butter in it or Neapolatin??

Lou_and_Bette
04-20-2012, 07:51 PM
Michael, I also have a compressor so maybe we can double-team the task and get it done faster. Where are all you slow pokes...Bette and I are sitting in Gulf Shores right now. Hogan, just a bit of info...they thought I was speaking on tounges when I mentioned I was with the heartland group and I thought they where going to have appoplexy when I said there were 30-40 rigs coming. They said I could move if we were all going to be close to each other

hogan
04-20-2012, 08:16 PM
Lou, we will be there Sunday around Noon-ish. I talked to my contact at the park this afternoon and she mentioned we already had some folks there. She said the park had been running high attendance but we should be good for our Rally. She is setting up for us to be in the loop that includes sites 123-185 which is across Raccoon Blvd. from the pool and activities center. What site are you on presently? If you want to just hang there until we get there on Sunday; we will decide where in that area we have the most sites together. Glad we got boots on the ground. I may send you on a mission. Wayne and Nita drove through the campground yesterday. They reported seeing a Bighorn there also. Have you found any other Heartland folks? See you soon.

jbeletti
04-20-2012, 08:33 PM
I'm thinking Blue Bell used to have a "Chocolate Turtle"...something like that? Vanilla ice cream, nuts, chocolate and carmel...and if they don't have it they should!!!!..LOL

OMG - I think we're related!

JJOren
04-20-2012, 08:43 PM
LOL...yeah Jim, there are enough calories in a bowl of that stuff to solve the energy crisis!!!!

Lou_and_Bette
04-20-2012, 09:37 PM
Hogan, we are in 456 near the end of Raccoon Rd. We haven't had a chance to scout out the area...had to wash the Love bugs off the rig and then go to the grocery store...yeah for Publix Will check out the park if you want in AM

MICKEY
04-21-2012, 05:47 AM
Hogan and Donna;

Heavenly Hash is my favorite but the doctor tells me it's Orange, Lime, or Pineapple Sherbert :(

GETnBYE
04-21-2012, 09:19 AM
Michael, I also have a compressor so maybe we can double-team the task and get it done faster. Where are all you slow pokes...Bette and I are sitting in Gulf Shores right now. Hogan, just a bit of info...they thought I was speaking on tounges when I mentioned I was with the heartland group and I thought they where going to have appoplexy when I said there were 30-40 rigs coming. They said I could move if we were all going to be close to each other

Lou & Bette, We will be moving over there tomorrow, (Sunday), we are packing up now. See you all soon. Nita

2psnapod1
04-21-2012, 10:35 AM
I was looking for things to do and see while we are in Gulf Shores and this is the list I came up with:

Historic Ft Morgan (about a 25 mile drive through the penisula) - http://www.ft-morgan.com/
Adults - $5
Seniors - $4
Military - Free

Gulf State Pier - http://www.alapark.com/GulfState/Gulf%20State%20Park%20Pier/
Fishing - $8.00
Sightseeing - $3.00 all day

Original Oyster House Boardwalk - 701 Gulf Shores Pkwy
Looks like lots of interesting little shops and eateries

If you interested in caravaning or hitching a ride let us know. I'm 99% sure we'll go to Ft Morgan just not sure what day.

Lou_and_Bette
04-21-2012, 12:10 PM
Nita, we are waiting for you guys, chilling with cold ones Lou

GETnBYE
04-21-2012, 04:42 PM
Nita, we are waiting for you guys, chilling with cold ones Lou
Sounds like a plan. :)

GETnBYE
04-21-2012, 04:44 PM
I was looking for things to do and see while we are in Gulf Shores and this is the list I came up with:

Historic Ft Morgan (about a 25 mile drive through the penisula) - http://www.ft-morgan.com/
Adults - $5
Seniors - $4
Military - Free

Gulf State Pier - http://www.alapark.com/GulfState/Gulf%20State%20Park%20Pier/
Fishing - $8.00
Sightseeing - $3.00 all day

Original Oyster House Boardwalk - 701 Gulf Shores Pkwy
Looks like lots of interesting little shops and eateries

If you interested in caravaning or hitching a ride let us know. I'm 99% sure we'll go to Ft Morgan just not sure what day.

Kelly, We saw this place and it was very interesting. Free also.
http://www.alabama.travel/things-to-do/attractions/holmes_medical_museum

2psnapod1
04-22-2012, 08:16 AM
Kelly, We saw this place and it was very interesting. Free also.
http://www.alabama.travel/things-to-do/attractions/holmes_medical_museum

Oh! We like FREE! That does look interesting...I sure wish we had more time!

hogan
04-23-2012, 07:43 AM
The early birds are gathering. First Lou and Bette snuck in on Friday, then Wayne and Nita, Jerry and Debbie on Sunday morning followed after noon by Judy and Larry Haines and Donna and myself. The gracious folks in the check-in office have many sites set aside for our group on the loop that contains 125-185. All the sites are nice size; some pull-throughs if you like those. Who will show up today? We'll be looking for you.

jbeletti
04-23-2012, 08:44 AM
Hi Hogan,

We arrive on Tuesday around 2pm +/-.

Would like a site with exposure to the southern sky for satellite reception from the rooftop dish. Back-in or pull-through, doesn't matter.

Thanks,

Jim

hogan
04-23-2012, 09:50 AM
Do you prefer morning sun or afternoon sun on your patio?

jayc
04-23-2012, 11:57 AM
We should be there tomorrow between 4 and 5. We'll have Bill Sims and David Gondron also.

jbeletti
04-23-2012, 01:11 PM
Do you prefer morning sun or afternoon sun on your patio?

Oh my. Morning sun. Will you sweep my site before I arrive too? :)

hogan
04-23-2012, 03:24 PM
This LA (Lower Alabama) wind is taking care of that for you. See you tomorrow

JJOren
04-23-2012, 04:30 PM
Guess by all standards we're going to be late. Unfortunately, couldn't afford any more time off work.

We'll be in on Thursday, 2:00 PM +/-.

Flying Dutchman
04-23-2012, 04:36 PM
Hi Hogan,
We plan on arriving Thursday late afternoon. Pulled our rig from Hilton Head to Unadilla GA yesterday, and just arrived back home in VA for some more medical tests tomorrow. Hoping all goes well so we can get back to GA on Wednesday, then Gulf State on Thursday. Might be a little tired when we arrive, but rally's always make my day. Looking forward to seeing all soon.

jbeletti
04-23-2012, 05:10 PM
Hope your medical tests go well Eric. Looking forward to seeing you and Dorothy again.

Jim

gschaaf
04-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Hi Hogan we are leaving stone mountain tommoro coming in a day early. See ya soon

hogan
04-23-2012, 08:22 PM
John, you will be here in plenty of time to set up before the party gets going. Several are coming in early to take in the Blue Angels practice on Wednesday morning. We will be looking for that new rig of yours Thursday afternoon. Travel safe. We came through Saucier on way here from Paul B. Johnson state park where we overnighted Saturday night. Never been there and was impressed with the facility. See you soon.

hogan
04-23-2012, 08:31 PM
Great Glenn and Fran. Look forward to seeing you. Do you plan to go to Pensacola to watch the Blue Angels practice on Wednesday morning? I think a bunch of us plan to go to LuLu's on Wednesday evening. I've never been but hear it is a rockin place. Yall travel safely; see you tomorrow.

gschaaf
04-24-2012, 06:47 AM
Good morning Hogan we are packing up to get on the road. Yes we are planning on going to see the blue angels I can drive over if some want to ride with us. See ya soon

davebennington
04-24-2012, 08:07 AM
We are in Pensacola now and we should be in Gulf Shores tomorrow.

dave

2psnapod1
04-24-2012, 12:50 PM
Hogan - we won't be arriving until Thursday late afternoon/early evening (that darn work thing getting in the way again!) Just need plenty of space for our near 41st Key Largo, please! See you soon!

kimdot
04-24-2012, 02:31 PM
Hi Hogan and Donna,

Hope all it going well with you - looking forward to the chapter rally. Is there going to be a potluck dinner on Friday or is it a go out to eat night?

Kim and Dottie

hogan
04-24-2012, 04:28 PM
Yes Classic Classy Potluck Fruday at 6:25p

jayc
04-24-2012, 07:24 PM
We're here! After a rough start, we made it in about 4 this afternoon. All set up and ready to PARTY!!!

jbeletti
04-24-2012, 11:49 PM
Hello Alamissabamasippi rally early arrivals,

I'd like to host an impromptu breakfast potluck for early arrivals outside of my RV in site 142, this Thursday morning at 9am.

I will supply for anyone who comes:
- divided plates
- plastic flatware
- napkins

My potluck offering will be:
- pan of breakfast potatoes/onions/peppers
- some sausage patties
- some scrambled eggs

If you care to join us, kindly bring with you:
- a camping chair to sit in
- a breakfast item to share that would feed 4 to 8 people
- your coffee or other drink

I'll be outside cooking, so feel free to stop by earlier than 9. But let's plan to eat at 9.

Bill Sims mentioned that he will probably fry some bacon. Yum! I could use a large coffee pot for refills if anyone carries one with them (Bill? :)

No need to RSVP - come as you are if you are interested.

Jim

Herbiesrig
04-25-2012, 08:09 AM
Good Morning, If we could be there, I would supply Bloody Mary's and Mimosa's.. Mayhbe next time..

GETnBYE
04-25-2012, 11:08 AM
Great Glenn and Fran. Look forward to seeing you. Do you plan to go to Pensacola to watch the Blue Angels practice on Wednesday morning? I think a bunch of us plan to go to LuLu's on Wednesday evening. I've never been but hear it is a rockin place. Yall travel safely; see you tomorrow.

Lou, Bette, Wayne and Nita plan to be there at 6 p.m. Wed. evening. Hope to see you there!!! Having a great time already and rally hasn't even started yet. :)

LodgeCampman
04-25-2012, 11:49 AM
We're not Heartland owners yet but would have enjoyed the opportunity to swing by and chat with some Landmark owners. As luck would have it, we'll be camping at a State Park in the opposite direction.

hogan
04-25-2012, 12:28 PM
Nita, is 6pm time for LuLus?

jbeletti
04-25-2012, 12:39 PM
We're not Heartland owners yet but would have enjoyed the opportunity to swing by and chat with some Landmark owners. As luck would have it, we'll be camping at a State Park in the opposite direction.

Bummer. How about a road trip to here :)

Jim

GETnBYE
04-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Nita, is 6pm time for LuLus?
10-4 good buddy,
Wayne

hogan
04-25-2012, 04:05 PM
To All AlaMissiBamaSippi Heartlanders: We will head to Lulu's Buffet at 6pm today, Wednesday, April 25th for an evening of dining and fun. Congrats to Jim and Nancy Beletti on their first grandchild, Isabella; born last evening about 8pm.

Don't forget to head over to the Beletti coach, site #142 at 9am tomorrow for a Pot Luck Breakfast. Bring any breakfast food to share with the bunch. See ya there.

jnv
04-25-2012, 04:08 PM
We'll be leaving Topsail tomorrow (4-26) in the late morning and should be there by mid-afternoon. Looking forward to meeting everyone :).

hogan
04-25-2012, 05:02 PM
Hi guys, have you by chance met Kim and Dottie at Topsail? They have been there the last few days also. They might race you up here. They have a Landmark.

hogan
04-25-2012, 05:04 PM
AGENDA for AlaMissiBamaSippi Rally- 4/26 to 4/29

AlaMissiBamaSippi Spring Rally
Gulf State Park
AGENDA
Activities Building is located across Raccoon Rd. from our loop. Drive past tennis courts, pool, take sidewalk on right side of Nature Center to Activities Building.
Wed. Evening- LuLu’s for dinner. Train departs 6pm.
Rally Schedule- Thursday 4/26
9am- Impromptu Potluck Breakfast
- Beletti Coach in site #142. Bring coffee, drinks, chairs, and some breakfast food item that would feed four people. Come and join the fun, no need to RSVP; Eat at 9, come early to help, visit, or get in the way.
Rally arrivals during day; visiting, story telling, biking. Beach, fish, hike, shop, visit Nature Center across Raccoon Rd. from our loop. Lunch on your own. Dinner on your own also, but save room for
“Ring the Blue Bell”
Meet & Greet “Ice Cream Sundae Extravaganza”
7pm at Activities Building; Behind Nature Center- follow path on right side.
Fri. 4/27 Breakfast on your own.
10am at Cooper RV site #146
. How To Demo- Lubing your Axle Bearings and brake check starring Bob Mansolino. Bring chairs if you like.
Lunch where you find it.
2pm at Meridith RV site #141.
Demo “Out in the Boondocks” starring Mickey Meridith. Bring chairs, camera, questions,
6:25pm Pot Luck supper
at the Activities Building. Bring your drinks, a dish and your appetite.
Sat. 4/28 10am Brunch
at Osprey Lake Country Club RV Resort. Caravan will leave park at 9:20am. Free time until supper.
6:25pm Lower Alabama Down South Barbeque
at Activities Building. Bring your beverages.
Sunday 4/29 10am
Worship service at Pavilion by store and laundry.
Check out is 2pm for those leaving today. Safe Travels Everyone.

TravelTiger
04-25-2012, 05:16 PM
Sounds like fun! Wish we could be there! Can someone video the demos, so we can view them on the forum??

jnv
04-26-2012, 07:35 AM
Hi guys, have you by chance met Kim and Dottie at Topsail? They have been there the last few days also. They might race you up here. They have a Landmark.

Yes, we have met them and we're not sure who will be the first to arrive!

jbeletti
04-26-2012, 10:08 AM
We had at least 30 people over this morning for a potluck breakfast. Great variety of food and a nice time of visiting.

18857 18859

hogan
04-26-2012, 10:28 AM
Great Pot Luck breakfast at the Beletti site this morning. So much good food and wonderful folks to visit with. You late arrivals missed a good time. We will save you a biscuit.

hogan
04-26-2012, 09:43 PM
All rigs are in and accounted for. Meet and Greet at Activity Center with everyone present; 7.5 half-gallons of Blue Bell ice cream, home-made hot fudge, fresh LA strawberries, home-made brownies, chocolate avocado cookies. Thank you to all who came to share the Rally fun with us. Heartlanders are great folks and we know how to have some fun. See "All Yall" tomorrow.

hogan
04-27-2012, 01:30 PM
Good Job, Bob Mansolino on demonstrating "How To" Lubricate axle bearings and check brakes for wear / adjust. Lots of good points shared with the group and good responses to the questions asked. A real eye-opener for many in the crowd. I heard lots of comments that "they knew what they would be doing when they get home". Bob showed us how to methodically work through this operation and the appropriate tools to have ready for the task. One of his high recommendations was to buy and carry with you a full bearing set, so if you have a problem on the road, you have the repair parts on hand thus preventing delays on your travels. Thanks Bob for a great job.

18882 18883

2psnapod2
04-27-2012, 09:19 PM
Had a great time tonight. Glad I was able to meet new people and visit with old ones.

jbeletti
04-27-2012, 09:23 PM
Had a great time tonight. Glad I was able to meet new people and visit with old ones.

Who you calling old :)

We had a great time too. Food was fabulous!

Jim

wyndysweep
04-27-2012, 09:34 PM
As requested, I just posted the recipe for Heavenly Salad (here (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/30574)). We have realy enjoyed the rally & look forward to attending more.

Wyndy

2psnapod1
04-27-2012, 09:46 PM
Who you calling old :)

We had a great time too. Food was fabulous!

Jim

When is the food NOT fabulous!?!?

As requested, I just posted the recipe for Heavenly Salad (here (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/30574)). We have realy enjoyed the rally & look forward to attending more.

Wyndy

PASTA??? I would never have believed it! Thanks for making me try it! Good stuff!

hogan
04-27-2012, 09:53 PM
Thanks Wyndy for passing along the recipe. Quite a discussion on whether it had pasta or tapioca in it. I think the consensus is that is was very good. I agree. I posted the recipe under the Recipe's thread so all could see it and use it.

hogan
04-28-2012, 03:21 PM
Don't forget: Pictures at 6pm at Amphitheater.

Herbiesrig
04-28-2012, 05:01 PM
Hi Kelly and Micheal, I sure enjoy reading your blog... and reading where you have been and going.. If you ever get to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan (Munising area), be sure to contact me. You can park in our yard.. we have alot of room..

karen a/k/a/herbiesrig

gschaaf
04-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Sad to say we have to leave in the morning but I just want to thank Donna and Hogan for their hospitality and for a great job they done putting on the rally. We had a great time and enjoyed meeting and talking with new friends that we met. Everyone have a safe trip and hope to meet again at another rally.

Fran and Glenn Schaaf

jayc
04-28-2012, 08:31 PM
Kelly and Michael, if you are in the area where Karen and Dan live, be sure to take them up on their offer. They have a great place and are wonderful friends.

hogan
04-28-2012, 09:10 PM
Thank you Glynn for your comments. We are truly honored to have had such a great turnout for our rally. Having Virginians, Floridians, Texans, Tennesseeans, Wisconsinians, Louisianians, Alabamians, Mississippians, New Jerseyians, Michiganders was outstanding. Thank All Y'all for coming to our AlaMissiBamaSippi Rally. We will see you down the road.

davebennington
04-28-2012, 09:17 PM
Hogan,

Alabama Gulf Shores state park is one of the finest RV campgrounds that I have ever seen. Great rally we are sorry to see it end.

Here is the parting shot for all to see.

dave

TGLBWH
04-28-2012, 09:23 PM
Deb and I are sure glad we made the trip from Michigan to the Alamissi ? rally. Wonderful to meet so many people from all over. Hope to return next year. If not we will be seeing you in Goshen in 2013. safe travels and thank "Y'ALL" again for your wonderful hospitality

JJOren
04-28-2012, 09:25 PM
Janie and I will be headed out early tomorrow morning. Before we do, we wanted to say thanks to all who made the Rally happen, especially to Hogan and Donna. We had a great time and enjoyed meeting other Heartland owners! Best of everything to everyone and we'll see you on down the road!!!

Janie and John Oren
Saucier, MS

Lou_and_Bette
04-28-2012, 10:34 PM
What a great time was had by all, hate to see it come to an end. Thank you Hogan and Donna for all your hard work. You sure know how to put on a party. Hope to see y'all soon. Be safe going down the road.................Bette and Lou

GETnBYE
04-28-2012, 10:42 PM
The saying, "the more, the merrier" is surely true with this group! It was really nice to have so many join in the fun and make some great memories.
This has been a great rally. It's been so good to see our friends from past rallies and make new friends.

Thank you Hogan and Donna for all that you do for the chapter. You really do a fantastic job. We appreciate you so much.
Safe travels to everyone and hope to meet you again soon.
Anita & Wayne

2psnapod1
04-29-2012, 09:49 AM
We have, once again, had a great time! I am truly convinced that Heartland people are the best out there! Hogan and Donna do an outstanding job...I just wish Donna would relax more...she works so hard to make sure that everything is perfect.

jayc
04-29-2012, 11:33 AM
Hogan, thanks for putting on an outstanding rally. We are looking forward to next year and another trip to the Alamissibamasippi rally4!

We hope that everyone travels safe and we'll see some in Gillette.

jbeletti
04-29-2012, 11:44 AM
Farewell to our friends who have to leave today. We sure had a nice time here. What a great place the Gulf Shores area is. We'd love to visit again.

Hogan and Donna put on another great rally - thank you, thank you!

Nancy and I are heading to Pensacola to spend a little time at the Pensacola Naval Air Station Museum this afternoon. Then we'll be meeting up for dinner with some of Nancy's cousins that live in the area.

We plan to head out on Monday around lunch time, for Montgomery. There, we'll hook up with both peas in that pod - Michael and Kelly for dinner!

From there, we'll push into the Southeast Regional rally in Pine Mountain, GA on Tuesday.

See ya friends.

jnv
04-29-2012, 12:43 PM
Donna & Hogan,

Thank you for your time and effort in putting together a wonderful rally. Great food, great time and we met many new friends.

Also, a thank you to everyone for making us feel so welcome!

GETnBYE
04-29-2012, 11:36 PM
I hope that everyone can be seen in at least one of these photos. I love the crazy shot the best, as usual.

GETnBYE
04-30-2012, 12:26 AM
A few random shots.189941899518996189971899818999

MICKEY
04-30-2012, 06:31 AM
As we are packing up to go this morning, I just wanted to say thanks to Donna and Hogan for another great Rally. You just meet the nicest people at Heartland Rallys and the Host were the Most. Great job Hogan and Donna....tell Donna I told here so. See you guys in Pine Mountain.

hogan
04-30-2012, 07:41 PM
Nice pictures Nita. Hope your travels went well. We got off about 9:30a and got home around 5pm. Re-pack tomorrow and head southeast for Georgia. Keep in touch.

Busia
05-18-2012, 10:13 AM
Nita
This is Debbie Atkinson, can you send me the name and where you bought the back up camera from to debdcc@yahoo.com I want to buy gerry on for father's day.

GETnBYE
05-18-2012, 03:25 PM
Nita
This is Debbie Atkinson, can you send me the name and where you bought the back up camera from to debdcc@yahoo.com I want to buy gerry on for father's day.

Email sent.