EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Gulf Shores - 4/26/2012 to 4/29/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Venue:------------------------------
  • Gulf State Park
  • 22050 Campground Road
  • Gulf Shores, AL 36542
  • 1-800-252-7275
  • www.alapark.com
  • Pets ok?: Yes
  • Pet Fee: $
  • WiFi available: Yes
  • WiFi Fee: $
Details:------------------------------
  • Number of sites held: 40
  • Site fee: per night.
  • Club Member Event fee: $0
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 4/27/2012
  • Potluck time: 6:25pm
  • Event Leader: hoganc(click to contact)
Additional Info:------------------------------Spring Rally for Mississippi/Alabama Chapter of HOC; this venue provides something for everyone; Beach is part of state park, Outlet Shopping, Golf, Great Seafood, Naval Museum, Blue Angels, Floribama, bike trails, hiking trails, fishingMore information will be added as we move toward the date of the Rally. Site cost will be added to the data soon.

Attendees: Name, Forum name, member #, Hometown
Wayne and Anita Cooper GetnBye 1217 Scottsville, Al
Jerry and Lily Worth Gizzy 1542 Montgomery, Al
Michael and Kelly Barnett 2psnapod2 1817 Montgomery, Al
Dave and Julie Yocum davebennington 1006 Bracey, Va
John and Noel Whitney Jwhitney1946 1956 Magnolia Springs, Al
Jerry and Jaci Volden jnv 1770 Germantown, Wi
Bob and Barb Mansolino Bobemuzzy 2023 Hartselle, Al
Lou and Bette Dick lou_and_bette 1941 Ocean Springs, Ms
Denny and Ann Olvany olvany 1194 Carrierre, Ms
Bobby and Peggy Sheedy rsheedy 1156 Weir, Ms
Jay and Stella Coffman jayc 1017 Bellville, Tx
George & Lynn Santowski gjsant2000 2103 Georgetown, Tx
Eric & Dorothy Van Opstal Flying Dutchman 1202 Pamplin, Va
David & Susan Gondron Davidg 1238 New Iberia, La
HJ and Marybeth Rivers Ocala, Fl
Glenn & Fran Schaaf gschaaf 1536 Atco, NJ
John & Janey Oren JJOren 2070 Saucier, MS
Kim & Dot Miranda kimdot 1977 Merritt Island, Fl
Bill & Ornell Sims osims 1041 Port Arthur, Tx
Jim & Nancy Beletti jbeletti 1001 Crossville, Tn
Mickey & Bonnie Meridith MICKEY 1239 New Smyrna, Fl
Gerry & Debbie Atkinson TGLBWH 1750 Woodhaven, Mi
Larry & Judy Haines judykhaines Walls, Ms
Terry & Ann Adkins Tea-Ann2 1409 Tupelo, Ms
Danny & Elise Brown dannyandelisebrown 2093 Tallehassee, Fl
Wyndy Broome & Pat Watrol wyndysweep 2108 Rogersville, AL

Hogan and Donna Cooper hoganc 1649 Tupelo, Ms

Last edited:

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Gosh, darn it! I'm gonna have to post Michael's drill schedule on the forum and everyone will be expected to consult it before scheduling ANY rallys around the Alabama area! Nearly every rally that would be close enough for us to attend is scheduled on his drill weekend. :-(

Last edited by a moderator:

hogan

Kelly, what about the following weekend? If he is off then, I will move the date. What about the October Rally in Philadelphia; will yall be able to make that one?

Hogan Cooper

2psnapod1

Hi Hogan, I was just teasing...but if it is possible for you to change the date...that would be great. But you don't have to do it just for us.

As for the MS rally we are just waiting to hear from you to see if you got a better deal or not before we reserve our site...do you have anymore info there?

hogan

We will visit the park this next week and report to everyone. If you are good for the week following 19th, we will change it. It was not set in stone and easy to change now. Let me know and I will do it today.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hogan, yes I am working the weekend of 20-22 Apr 2012 and if it was changed to the next weekend, I am able to attend. Thanks for doing that. I hope it will not be to much work. And if you need any assistance with anything just let us know.

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
:) I was happy to see a HO Rally in Gulf Shores..... We had gone there for the 1st 3 years of wintering and DH wanted to go to Texas and that is where we go.. It sounds good to me... If it stays the 19th to 22nd.. Alot of winter Texans will be heading home and what a great place to stop... It is still cool there... we will be waiting for more information... herbiesrig - da yooper!!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Hmmm. That precedes our normal seasonal site dates and we timeshared in Gulf Shores last fall and liked the area (got an old friend down there on the west side of Mobile Bay). Might be a consideration. I don't have a drill schedule anymore, just a nice blue ID card and a pension for it.

Passed it by the wife and she was interested, especially if she gets a side trip to New Orleans. I'll have to subscribe to this thread and see what shakes out. That is if you'll allow "Yankees" to come to your rally.

2psnapod1

Michael is active duty Army Reserves (but still has to work drill weekends) but only for another year and then he, too, will have the coveted 'retired' ID card too! :p

GETnBYE

Count us in...(for now)....but we will be tentative until the first of the year when Wayne gets to pick for vacations.

Gotta use at least 2 of them for Wyoming, that is if he can talk me into that long drive.
Nita

JohnDar

Michael is active duty Army Reserves (but still has to work drill weekends) but only for another year and then he, too, will have the coveted 'retired' ID card too! :p

Once he gets that pretty blue ID card, make sure he pulls it out everytime he visits Lowe's or Home Depot. 10% discount on the spot. Tricare medical coverage is worth looking into, as well. Saved us $300 a month in premiums dumping our BC/BS under GM retiree's coverage, to that. Copays and prescription coverage the same or better.

2psnapod1

Oh yeah! We try to ask for a military discount as much as possible....living in a military community there are quite a few business that offer them here. We, too, will be going with Tricare for Life coverage. After nearly 30 years in the Army we'll continue to take advantage of any benefits we can receive.

2psnapod1

Passed it by the wife and she was interested, especially if she gets a side trip to New Orleans. I'll have to subscribe to this thread and see what shakes out. That is if you'll allow "Yankees" to come to your rally.

Come on down, John! New Orleans is wonderful if haven't been there yet....or even if you have! We are displaced Yankee's (Wisconsin) due to the Army - but these southern folks are pretty darn hospitable!

JohnDar

Oh yeah! We try to ask for a military discount as much as possible....living in a military community there are quite a few business that offer them here. We, too, will be going with Tricare for Life coverage. After nearly 30 years in the Army we'll continue to take advantage of any benefits we can receive.

I'm still a couple of years shy of Tricare for Life, but it's what I'll be looking at. For now, Tricare Standard works well for us. My forays into the south have always been pleasant. Four years active USAF, 27 years active reserve. I wouldn't trade the experience for anything.

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
Hogan:

Sounds like a great place. Dave and I are planning on being there.

2psnapod1

Hogan - is it safe to make reservations or do we need to wait for you to 'wheel & deal'?

hogan

Great News: The attendee list is growing for the Springtime Ms/Al Chapter Rally at Gulf State Park, Gulf Shores, Alabama. Go to Post #1 for details on the Rally. If your name is not on the list below, email me at hogancooper@att.net and sign up.

Wayne and Anita Cooper, Scottsville, Al
Jerry and Lily Worth, Montgomery, Al
Michael and Kelly Barnett, Montgomery, Al
Dave Yokum and Julie Hancock, Virginia
John and Noel Whitney, Magnolia Springs, Al
Jerry and Jaci Volden, Germantown, Wi
Hogan and Donna Cooper, Tupelo, Ms

Status
Not open for further replies.