Can We Install A Tankless Heater?

babycampers

I am needling my husband to figure out whether a gas tankless water heater can be installed in our NC 30FKS. The vin is: 5SFEB3426AE207376. There seems to be a lot of unused space beneath the sink area on our model that I would think Heartland could have utilized to install the largest water heater possible, instead of the little 6 gal. Wish there was just a way to change it out to the 12 or 16 gal. Thanks for your help with any advice or answers.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
There is a member here "Pulltab"...he installed a tankless in his '06 Bighorn...send him a PM...he'll happily give you the info you need.

Tell him "Kathy" said he'd better...LOL!!

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
You can usually install a Girard tankless anywhere you have either an atwood or suburban WH installed. You will have to change out the door, and the door kits are about $50. The Girard's are running about $599 to $699 depending on wether you need freeze protection or not.

GOTTOYS

Have you tried running your existing water heater on propane and electric at the same time? You'll get pretty fast recovery this way...Don

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Yes, the tankless are propane only, but they are only on when the water is running, so pretty economical to use if you are a full timer.