Ice maker not working

wingfoot

Just purchased my 08' 3400RE BH and have been in the process of checking everything out. I can't get my Ice maker to work. I found the "T" valve underneath the Refrigerator and turned it on. Lowered the bail...Nothing!! I'm not getting water to the ice maker...In the access panel for the refregerator there is what appears to be a solenoid and all wires are hooked up. I can see the clear tube running to the solenoid and there is no water flow...My model is Dometic NDM1062.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Larry

Willym

One obvious question. Is there power to the ice maker i.e. is it plugged in at the rear of the fridge?

danemayer

Not sure about differences between models, but my 2011 Rushmore has an icemaker water cutoff valve behind the basement wall, near the UDC. It's easy to spot because it's the only line with that size tubing.

wingfoot

Not sure about differences between models, but my 2011 Rushmore has an icemaker water cutoff valve behind the basement wall, near the UDC. It's easy to spot because it's the only line with that size tubing.

I found the water cut off valve..it's under my refrigerator in one of the cabinets..

danemayer

You sure it's the only cutoff valve? I'd expect the cutoff to be close to the source. Is there water flow at the valve you found?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Ha Ha, my ice maker works just fine! It's two blue plastic trays I fill with water and dump into a Tupperware container when they're ready. The only time it leaks is if I've had a bit too much ethanol while I'm filling them.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
ha ha, my ice maker works just fine! It's two blue plastic trays i fill with water and dump into a tupperware container when they're ready. The only time it leaks is if i've had a bit too much ethanol while i'm filling them.

also, that ice maker don't make any noise during the night when it "dumps" the ice in the container.

hoefler

Yep...The refrigerator is running on shore power now..

Do you hear it or see it cycle? On mine, yours may be different, I have 2 cords plugged in on my fridge. One for the refrigerator and one for the ice maker. The ice maker is run on 110 volts.

wingfoot

You sure it's the only cutoff valve? I'd expect the cutoff to be close to the source. Is there water flow at the valve you found?

Not sure it's the only one..but I can't find another...and there is no water flow visible in the opaque line.

wingfoot

Do you hear it or see it cycle? On mine, yours may be different, I have 2 cords plugged in on my fridge. One for the refrigerator and one for the ice maker. The ice maker is run on 110 volts.

Only one plug for mine. And when I unplug, it will go to LP mode..

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I would take a wrench and loosen the nut at the solenoid and see if it has water. If it does then follow the water up to the Ice Maker. If it does not then follow the water to the source.

wingfoot

Are you sure? I have never seen an ice maker that didn't have it's own 110V plug.

Am I sure? NOPE, but I sure can't find another. Also I have no water at the solenoid. I believe you're right and I need a current source...But I have looked everywhere and can't find one. My next step is to call Heartland.

Thanks guys for all your responses...

BTW: I tried calling Dometic and got a recording that wanted to send me to "My closest service center":(

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
As far as the water source goes, can you follow the small plastic line connected to the solenoid? It should not be too hard to trace. I would think that it will end up somewhere behind the UDC.