2011 3585 rl hydraulic cylinder leak

FARMER45

Last week of Jan we bought a 2011 3585 rl BH. In april dealer had it 4 weeks waiting for a new level up cylinder to replace one that would leak down when parked.
Last week door side slide cylinder started leaking oil around the pinston rod, we made the 100 plus mile trip to dealer to let him look.
he called manfacture the told him they had used as many as 5 differant cylinders in that spot, in 2011, on the 3585 rl, do they not interchange
So he said we will have to pull the under belly down to see what color it is and measure the cylinder. we can do that sometime in the next three weeks and then it will take about three weeks or more for it to come in after we order it. so we are down for 6 more weeks

why is my trailer at dealer two and half months the first seven months of a 12 month warenty?????
why do they put 5 differant cylinders in one spot in less than a year???????
why dont they keep records so they know where they put what all rvs have seral numbers???????
Quality or service????

jimtoo

Yes,,, Your post is on the forum, but evidently no one has an answer for you. Maybe you should call Heartland Service with your VIN number and ask about your dealer and if he ordered parts.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
As Jim stated give customer service a call. I've needed help before and with my vin number they have been able to get me what I need right down to replacement ceiling fan blades. I would be surprised if they can't tell you what cylinder you have. On another note any local hydraulic shop should be able to repair you cylinder for you in short order. It may cost a few bucks but your down time is hours instead of weeks. If memory serves I spent about $35.00 to get one totally rebuilt on one of my tractors this spring. Good luck.