Interior Pocket Door Problem

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
On the way back today from the Washington DC rally, we arrived home to find the pocket door that separates the front living section from the bedroom, detached from the top sliders. I do not know if the sliding mechanisim is damaged or if it just came off the rollers. The question is, How do you remove or replace? Is there a trick to removing? I do not want to damage the one remaining roller that is still working.

Thanks
Jamie

beardedone

Beardedone
Somebody made a very good post about working on these doors not too long ago. Do a search and I think you will find a thread complete with photos.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Jamie, it's not too hard. You may have to very carefully remove the wood header above the door to get access to the rollers. I also made a "grabber" out of a wire hanger to retrieve the roller hanger that had displaced itself back into the door pocket. Once the facing header is removed and the roller is retrieved (if necessary) you can just spin and lock the plastic door catch around the roller hanger. This will often occur if the door is not latched during travel. Always check to make sure it's snapped into place tightly. Sorry I don't have pictures.

jbeletti

Jamie,

Not sure if yours is like the ones I have had, but here's how mine works:

1. There is a metal track attached to the ceiling
2. There are 2 brass screw posts with heads on them at the top that are screwed into the top of the door, 1 near each end
3. There are 2 trolleys that slide in the overhead track
4. Each trolley has a plastic cam that wraps around each screw post sticking out of the door

In my experience, whenever I forget to latch the door for travel or on some REALLY bad roads, one of the cams on the trolley disconnects from the screw post. Here's how I fix mine:

1. Locate and reposition the disconnected trolley
2. With 1 foot, lift the door on the low end
3. Wrap the plastic cam of the trolley around the screw post
4. Viola!

I hope yours is this easy to do.

Jim

gmc

Reitired - California-Central Chapter Leaders
done that one myself a few times. It is pretty easy once you get the hang of it

porthole

Retired
Yeah - forgetting to clip the doors open for travel can cause some havoc.

Jamie - fix it yet?
Put your door cabinet door on yet"
Find that water pump switch?

Did Madison have enough fun?

JWalker

Guys,

This is why I love this forum. Described above is the exact problem and hopefully how to fix it. DW was nearly in tears when she discovered the door issue. I told her that we can not be the only people to ever have this problem and there is someone out there that has fixed it. I'll let you now the outcome. BTW.....we love this camper.

Thanks for the help
Jamie

jpdoggett

I just use a hanger and retrive the top peace and run it back down the track and reatach it to the top of the door not hard. If I can do it anyone can

JWalker

The door is fixed. Thanks to everyone for the help.

Now, ready to start the new cabinet doors.

Jamie