A Major Complaint

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Ok, the ladies now have a "Girl's Room." If us guys go there, we're liable to get the "Lorena" treatment. How about a strictly "Men's Room," where we can chew the fat, talk tools, tell blonde jokes, complain about the "old lady", pass gas, belch, scratch, and do other manly things without feminine reprisal??? Fair is fair, don't ya think??

Wadda you gonna do with that rolling pin, make a pie???:eek:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Sooo Jim.....would that be considered the "mens" room"? Where is Neutron when you need him?

Peace
Dave

dieselsweetheart

Oh good grief! Will you just let us ladies be??? You have had the run of the forum for how long now? Give us girls a chance to have some fun and chat without y'all buttin' in.

:)

kkamshop

Ok, here's the problem with the "ladies room" (besides it being a tad bit sexist :) ) And this is the DW speaking!

If you read the forum the way I do through the Active Topics page, you do not necessarily check to see which forum any one thread might be posted in.

Now maybe if the "ladies room" thread titles were PINK , the guys would know which topics to avoid.:D

Just sayin' ...

JohnDar

ok, here's the problem with the "ladies room" (besides it being a tad bit sexist :) ) and this is the dw speaking!

If you read the forum the way i do through the active topics page, you do not necessarily check to see which forum any one thread might be posted in.

Now maybe if the "ladies room" thread titles were pink , the guys would know which topics to avoid.:d

just sayin' ...

great idea!!!!!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
'cuse me but I don't have a problem if a lady comments on my post(s) if it is pertinent and I personally don't think a lady should have a problem if a male comments on her post if it is pertinent. It is the snide comment or downgrading that isn't right. But that shouldn't happen on this forum. BTW I have one of my recipes in the RV cookbook put out by Evada Cooper. I vacuum, wash dishes and cook too. Shouldn't this life be a shared experience? My DW and I share the responsibilities and have for the 45 years we have been married. But if you ladies really want an exclusionary forum so be it. Don't ask for help and I for one won't offer it.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I don't think that they don't want us on it. I think they don't want us to clog it up with all the stuff about tools and trucks and such. But I am sure there are a lot of gals out there that do use tools and drive trucks. Girls room will work fine if like I think Deb said. Mark it in Pink...... They can talk about cooking a cleaning and stuff.

JohnDar

'cuse me but I don't have a problem if a lady comments on my post(s) if it is pertinent and I personally don't think a lady should have a problem if a male comments on her post if it is pertinent. It is the snide comment or downgrading that isn't right. But that shouldn't happen on this forum. BTW I have one of my recipes in the RV cookbook put out by Evada Cooper. I vacuum, wash dishes and cook too. Shouldn't this life be a shared experience? My DW and I share the responsibilities and have for the 45 years we have been married. But if you ladies really want an exclusionary forum so be it. Don't ask for help and I for one won't offer it.

WHOA, lighten up a bit, Jimmy! I think we're all just having a bit of "Battle of the Sexes" fun here.

jmgratz

WHOA, lighten up a bit, Jimmy! I think we're all just having a bit of "Battle of the Sexes" fun here.

Not trying to be too heavy here but for me this 'political correctness' has gets real old. What ever happened to the 'Golden Rule' and just being kind. I, personally, don't see a need to split up a perfectly good forum but if that is what has to be so be it. Soooo sorry if I sounded too heavy, I mean 'she ain't heavy..she's my sister' LOL So, you go girls

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
For the last 5 years, the girls have been a part of this forum. I can't imagine how many posts I've read that may have been posted by a woman. I don't have a problem with a separate area for them to talk about whatever they want. Be it RV's, modifications or life in general. Like Jim G, I do my share of the chores around both the house & the rig. The only thing Lin won't attempt is anything mechanical. Thank God for that:eek:. She is a major part of our travels and every time we set up, she's doing her share and then some. I do like the idea of a PINK header or something though.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Boys & Girls,

Am I missing something??? I think the idea is a great one and may encourage more women to create their own log on so we actually know who is making the post! This is not like sitting around a table watching lips move. Additionally, this wonderful forum in it's entirety was not built in a day. Years of changes and improvements have brought us to where we are. This addition to the forum has been in existance for about 2 weeks and we're already working ourselves into a feeding frenzy! Please give our ladies a chance to talk about topics important to them while also giving Jim B the time to fine tune this area as he has over the years with all the others . As a result of what I have learned from you guys I now hook up the Bighorn, drive it and understand the systems. In the event of an emergency I will be able to get her home! I thank you for that but there are just times where we want to talk crochet patterns. :eek: Did I actually say that? My DH will do the dishes after dinner and do the laundry too while I mow the grass. That's not the point.

Months ago when JB spoke with me about this my first thought was it will be a great "addition to the forum". Our Forum! I still thumb through the suspension, guns, trucks, brake and diesel threads. Quite honestly, it doesn't interest me but as it's there I look and have even posted when I had something productive to add to the conversation. The threads are not "Green" because they may not be of interest to women. I don't subscribe to the plumbing forum but have subscribed to the "Girls Room". Anything posted within the "Girls Room" may be of interest to me personally and probably to many other women as well. It's not sexist or segregated! It's an "area of the forum" just like "Plumbing"! It's a means to encourage more HL women to get online, get registered, get involved, stay in touch and share a few "girl ideas" in a place designated for their discussions. It's an organizational area of this great forum and as such I really don't see what all the hubbub is about.

bacaye

I just have to add this here...Nothing to do but say what I just heard..."Men are 55% sexier while they are doing housework!!! If you cook, clean, etc. you can put yourself at the top of the sexiest males!!! So, if you cook and clean you need not worry about "male bashing" by the girls..........LOL We only pick on those that rebel against what they think is strictly a female's job!! If you are one of those...watch out!!! :)

kkamshop

The point I was trying to make Deb, is that right now about half of the posts in the girls room section are from the guys, and it is because of the way many people use the forum.

We go to Active Topics and What's New? and read the thread titles. We don't usually scan all the way over to the right hand column that tells what forum the post is in.

And many of the topics in the girls room are apparently of interest to the guys too, since they are commenting.

I would love to see more women posting, I was the one who intially registered as a forum member and DH and I both will post under that forum name.
So it's a good idea, but it will just get lost in the jumble if there isn't an easier way to read it. Subscribing to the forum would guarantee that you see the posts, but it doesn't keep folks from posting in the "wrong" section. :)

jbeletti

I just have to add this here...Nothing to do but say what I just heard..."Men are 55% sexier while they are doing housework!!! If you cook, clean, etc. you can put yourself at the top of the sexiest males!!! So, if you cook and clean you need not worry about "male bashing" by the girls..........LOL We only pick on those that rebel against what they think is strictly a female's job!! If you are one of those...watch out!!! :)

Love it Barb! I do all those things? Though not with an apron on, though I sure could use one at times (I am messy).

Jim

PS: <meta charset="utf-8">I made stuffed French toast and 5# of bacon on the grill today for the family - loved it!

jbeletti

...I would love to see more women posting, I was the one who intially registered as a forum member and DH and I both will post under that forum name....

I agree with you Kathy. Would LOVE to see more ladies join the forum. And under their own username would be even better. I popped an email out to all Club Members about this addition and the suggestion for the ladies to create their own log in. I also posted about it and added a forum announcement about it.

We'll chat this up a bit in the next Club Newsletter too and I'll see about putting a flier together to send to Chapter Leaders to use in their rally packets. All in an effort to "get the word out".

Jim

jbeletti

Deb,

Love your post (#13 in this thread) and I feel you are right on track with the spirit of not only the forum to date but also the reason for the Girls Room.

It's all good! Happy camping!

Jim

jmgratz

I like it...pink for the girls and the black represents the grease the guys get in :)

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
So maybe those that are girly should change their font color to pink and the ones that think they are manly should use black. Just like bluefurrs does in her posts.

That would solve all this posting stuff. But I don't really care if the girls post on my threads.