Carrier AC fan cracked...

computeraces

GEAUX LSU TIGERS!!!
I have a 2010 Bighorn 3580RL. I have two AC's. The rear one is a Carrier Air V HC 15,000 BTU, model # 68rv15102a. My wife noticed it was making a funny noise and we thought it was a dirt dobber on one of the fan blades. Upon looking at it, there's a crack on where the fan goes to the motor shaft. From looking on the internet and several .PDF files, I found a fan propeller part number 38-50024-00. It seems pretty easy to replace and fix, but does anyone know if they make these fans out of metal so this won't happen again? Anyone else have this problem too? Attached is a picture of the cracked fan.

Thanks,
Cory

Attachments

• IMG_20110817_182813.jpg
    IMG_20110817_182813.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 37

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have not had any issues with the AC. Have you checked the paper work that came with your unit? There may be some warranty to cover that part. Don't know, but maybe.
Good catch though, and posting the pic may help someone else down the line.

Peace
Dave

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Many appliances including ACs have a 2 year warranty from the appliance manufacturer not Heartland. I would contact the AC manufacturer for clarification.

computeraces

GEAUX LSU TIGERS!!!
I got my 2010 Bighorn in 2009 and the date on the AC is 2007. I don't think it's under warranty anymore. I found the fan for about $30 and it seems like a pretty simple fix. I was just wondering if this was a common problem, but it doesn't seem like it. I also heard from one dealer that Carrier no longer made AC's for RV's. I'm not sure if this is true or not. I hope not. That means parts would be harder to find if I needed them again.

Cory

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Cory, the date on the A/C has nothing to do with the date you bought the coach. The warrenty starts when you bought the coach....not when the A/C unit was made.