Pantry Shelves

twohappycampers

Hello everyone! Loving our new 3450TS Big Country :D I'm looking for ideas to make the pantry beside the fridge more user-friendly. I'm trying small plastic baskets, but they're not really doing it for me :( The shelves are pretty narrow already, putting in ones that would actually slide, especially past the front edges, would make them verrry! narrow and waste a lot of precious space. Thanks!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
You can buy Accuslide slide mechanisms that go on the bottom of the tray. Construct your own boxes from 1/2" Baltic Birch that will just clear the frame of the shelf.

If you can visit a BH3670 with the slide-out pantry (or any other model with it), you might get an idea of how to do something with yours.

Pannell

We get our new 3650 next Friday and my wife is already looking for ideas for the big pantry, she looked at the wire-type stuff that slide out but Im also thinking about wood drawer boxes with full-extention slides.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Our 3670 has the pull-out pantry, which is very nice. But, the trays are wire baskets and small items can fall through, so the first thing I did was to make bottoms from some 1/4" hardboard with wood strips under them to keep them in place. These photos show it.

Bob Vaughn

I took my shelves out, and rebuilt the shelves with sides and slides and now the stuff in the back is accessible...

RonDay

Did the same in our 3250TS. Removed pantry slide out shelves which were basically usless. Put door on hinges, made each shelf an individual slide out drawer. Now you can pull out each self as needed. Ron Day