can I order/buy a wood grab bar?

twohappycampers

:eek: OOPS! I doubled-up. How long does "I'm new here" work as an excuse? :)

Sorry, "grab bar" is the only word that comes to mind - there's one on the right side of the door on the inside of my Big Country - it's glazed cherry wood. I would like to install another one somewhere by the stairway to help steady myself going up and down the stairs (they're those nice wide stairs). Also, any suggestions as to the best place to mount it ie. the strongest place? Thanks.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
There are several styles available at most on line RV supply stores but if you want a matching one I would call Heartland and ask for the parts department. Have your VIN handy so they know which color/design you have. As for a place to install, you'll need a wall stud for a good solid mount. You should be able to find one easy enough with a stud finder or mount it close to any wall corner.

Bob Vaughn

There are several styles available at most on line RV supply stores but if you want a matching one I would call Heartland and ask for the parts department. Have your VIN handy so they know which color/design you have. As for a place to install, you'll need a wall stud for a good solid mount. You should be able to find one easy enough with a stud finder or mount it close to any wall corner.
Does a "STUD FINDER" work with aluminum studs?? I have tried to use mine in my Big Country and It gives me erroneous readings as to where the edges of the stud are.....

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Does a "STUD FINDER" work with aluminum studs?? I have tried to use mine in my Big Country and It gives me erroneous readings as to where the edges of the stud are.....
I use mine on the "deep scan" mode and it seems to work fine for aluminum studs.

twohappycampers

Thanks Ray, you're very helpful. Where would I find the VIN? I'm Canadian and wondering if here it's called something else? Is that the serial number? Don't laugh!

GOTTOYS

The VIN or Vehicle Identification Number is often referred to as the Serial number as well. It will be on the plate or sticker on the outside front left corner of the trailer among other places. If you call Heartland all they usually need are the last last 6 digits...Don