Pantry

Westwind

Ok, my mission is to find someone who can solve my mystery. I am not able to pull our pantry out, I have looked hi and low for a release to free it so it pulls out, but either I'm blind or maybe someone nailed it in.:D More than likely
I need to change my glasses.

This is the only mystery I have not solved. So I say a big score for Heartland, because the only problem to date is the termostat for the fanstastic fan. When you consider the complexity of these fifthwheels that is pretty good.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If it's the slide out pantry, like mine, the release is at the top of the cabinet. Pull the pin out to the side and the pantry should slide out. The lock is only needed while in transit. If you look at the top of the photo, you can see the pull ring.

jimtoo

If your pantry is like ours,,, feel the very top,,,at the front,,,should be a metal loop that you can pull down and slide sideways,, maybe 1/2 inch... to release. It's kinda like a bolt going in front of,,, or through a hole to lock it in place..

Jim M

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
I found ours about a third of the way up from the bottom right behind one of the baskets.

Gizzy

When you do find it, MAKE SURE it is part of your checklist to make sure it is secure. From experience a couple of weeks ago, when we stopped for the day we found the pantry door open and the pantry all the way out and leaning down. Nothing broken, but I unloaded the pantry and put about 8 additional screws in the rear of it. It all could have been avoided if we would have checked it each time. We do now.

ankie3467

I wonder if my pantry can be retrofitted to have one of these put in. My pantry is so deep, I have to use baskets or end up using the broomstick to fish something out! This would be the ultimate pantry!!!!!!!!!!!

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
I wonder if my pantry can be retrofitted to have one of these put in. My pantry is so deep, I have to use baskets or end up using the broomstick to fish something out! This would be the ultimate pantry!!!!!!!!!!![/QU

Give Heartland customer service a call (877-262-8032). I'll bet they can help. It will help if you have your VIN handy. Good luck.

By the way, if you join the Heartland owners club you get a 10% discount on parts through Heartland and you can attend any chapter rally free!!!

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I wonder if my pantry can be retrofitted to have one of these put in. My pantry is so deep, I have to use baskets or end up using the broomstick to fish something out! This would be the ultimate pantry!!!!!!!!!!!
ankie, do a search on Amazon for "pull out pantry". I've been researching these to add to a cabinet at home. The unit itself comes in a variety of sizes and the baskets area sold separately. You will need to know the dimensions of your cabinet. Heartlands units have Knape & Vogt pull outs. You can't imagine the mark up. Amazons prices are pretty decent.

Westwind

Hey folks - Thanks for the help, I'll have to go out to the trailer tomorrow and see how successful I can be. Worked today and 10 hours on my feet all I want is to sit in my recliner. I'm surprised I didn't notice it when I was looking but I find I do better on second trys these days.

Duramax1

I did not obtain mine from Heartland, it was an after market purchase and installation.

The release catch is, as somebody earlier in this thread indicated, about one third of the way up from the bottom basket.

Just run your hands around the vertical support from the bottome up and you will discover it.

Westwind

OK, all of you are sworn to silence! I don't want my kids to know this. They will start shopping for a nursing home.
I went out to the trailer this morning opened the cabinet with the pantry and looked in the center of the rack and low and behold is a sticker that says release catch, what do you know, never saw that the many times I looked. So I found it, thats for all your help, now lets just forget I asked!!!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
OOOHHHH NOOO! We won't forget. Get ready to be saddled up and rode like a pony for a while:D

rick_debbie_gallant

OK, all of you are sworn to silence! I don't want my kids to know this. They will start shopping for a nursing home.
I went out to the trailer this morning opened the cabinet with the pantry and looked in the center of the rack and low and behold is a sticker that says release catch, what do you know, never saw that the many times I looked. So I found it, thats for all your help, now lets just forget I asked!!!

Most likely it was not there when you looked. Or maybe it was. I think is what happened is this: your eyes were all glazed over because you had just gotten your rig and you just did not notice such a small thing. It is Heartlands fault for not putting up a big orange sigh with blinky lights pointing you to it.. JMHO.