Stove & Oven

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Just wondering if anyone else has done what we have done. Since the RV park we are at includes electric in our lot fee I decided that I wanted to use as little propane as possible. I went online and found a 2 burner electric 'hot plate' and use that instead of my propane stove. I also have an electric skillet that I use for certain things and of course my microwave convection oven. We made sure that the stove/oven did work when we picked our coach up...but other than that we haven't used the stove/oven at all. Anything to save a few $$, you know?

GETnBYE

I got a one burner eye at an estate sale still in the box for a dollar, yea.love a deal. I use it, electric skillet and I bring a toaster oven.
Not so much for the gas saving, cause we don't full time, but we have such a hard time lighting the oven, it takes two people and about 10 minutes to get it done.
**also, I am a bit scared of the gas too. :eek:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Sometimes electricity make me nervous. If you have ever received a nasty shock you will now why

GETnBYE

We have had our BC since March of 2009 and have never filled the gas tanks, the dealer filled them and that's all we have used. I am sure some really cold night the power will go out and we will run out and freeze, but "oh well" LOL

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
We have had our BC since March of 2009 and have never filled the gas tanks, the dealer filled them and that's all we have used. I am sure some really cold night the power will go out and we will run out and freeze, but "oh well" LOL

You can always add clothes, blankets or snuggle a little closer!!

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
The propane gas is actually very safe in my opinion. I work for a LP company for about 10 years and never once seen any issues with anything ever catching fire.

bacaye

I avoid the stove top and oven but I do it because I decided I did not want the job of cleaning them!! I do have the hot plate, electric skillet, electric griddle, toaster oven and grill. A quick wipe and those are done. I could not see trying to clean that oven with just the space between the stove and the island sink area. As of now the stove and I get along just fine!! :)

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I like the way you think! Also getting grease spattering around that area would be hard to cleanup even if you have put up some kind of barrier or backsplash around the stove. Having Mark cook outside is much easier for me. LOL

Kristy