Routes and Campgrounds and caravans to Gillette Wy for Rally

GETnBYE

I know it is early, but has anyone started looking at routes, possible stop over spots and such? I know most will have different routes, but some of the stop-overs and routes could intersect as we get closer.

We will be coming from the southeast and know very little about the roads, what to avoid and what is a must see area.
Would like to get a thread started for planning.

Nita

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
How about if we start a thread from each region to plan and then we can compare and see if there are common stopping points as groups get closer to Gillette? I know some Pacific Region people have started thinking about routes from different parts of the region and where we could meet up and go after the rally.

We could start the threads HERE so they are easy to find to compare notes from region to region.

What do you think?

Kristy

PS I know that each region already has it's own discussion folder in the Rallies and Chapters section, but I think it would be easier for us to find each region's travel routes if the threads were all in one folder instead of spread out into each region's folder. I think it would be easier to get our discussions organized before they really get started than to have moderators be asked to move them later for us.

Last edited:

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Nita, how long of a trip are you planning, to get to and from WY? We would really love to go but not sure if we have enough leave to make it work.

GETnBYE

Kristy, great idea. Thanks

Michael & Kelley,
I am not sure how many days we will take to get there, that will depend a lot on others travel with us and I have not figured out how many hours we will want to drive each day. I do know that it is a little over 1500 miles, stop over spots will dictate how many miles traveled per day.
As Kristy suggested, we can continue this at the link she provided.
Also, it might be something that we could discuss/meeting at the Mississippi rally in October, I will suggest it to Hogan.
Nita

GETnBYE

M & K,
I forgot to mention, we plan to leave (if possible), June 6th, 7th or 8th. We like to get to the rally early to have time see some sites either there or along the way.

GETnBYE

Kristy, Good idea, I will follow your lead.

Southeast discussion on Gillette Wy. Rally travel is----------------------> //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/26160-Travel-to-Gillette-Wy.-from-Southeast-U.S.A.