Dometic Convection/Microwave Filter Replacement

Just wanted to post this as a "heads up" for those with the Dometic -and possibly other brands- convection/microwave. We had to get ours replaced (under Dometic's warranty) after the oven stopped heating. A mobile tech came out to remove/replace it. As I was taking pictures of the process, I was surprised to see that there is a filter that needs to be replaced periodically behind the front vent cover. More surprising is that there was a wooden trim nailed in place above the vent preventing the vent's removal. The tech left the trim piece off as requested so that I could install it correctly.
trim.jpg
There are two screws holding the shelf above the oven in the Pinehurst. Not really sure about the others.screws.jpg

After removing the screws, just tilt the shelf towards the front, letting it rest where it will. I used 3 INSIDE DOUBLE ROLLER L/D CATCH WITH STRIKE .spring catches.jpg

The strike pieces were then installed on the trim piece so that it would simply snap into place. With the trim piece out of the way, you will be able to remove the black plastic vent cover by removing the two screws located at the top of the plastic cover. The filter is then visible in the middle top of the oven. The owners manual says that the filter should be replaced every 6-12 months or as needed. That's where a problem came up. Finding a replacement filter to fit was a chore. After calls and research I found that the filter is the same as the LG Charcoal filter (LG Charcoal Filter 5230W1A003A). The cheapest I found was on ebay at a cost of around 10 bucks apiece and flat rate shipping. We just received them and checked-they are a direct fit.filter.jpg

DW loves this since she can now wash the vent cover thoroughly:)