Bathroom -Where to hang the towel rack????

djgarcia

Just got the 2012 BH 3070RL. Where and how did you hang the towl rack in the bathroom?? Thanks. Send pictures if you have them.:)

Westwind

Your not alone on this, we are struggling with the sames problem right now. We did find an over the door double hook that we could hang on one of the sliding doors. We have decided that the bedroom bath sliding door will stay closed to accomodate the hanging door hooks. Problem is the lack of wall space.

jbeletti

Many floor plans are different in what's available for mounting and to a degree, we all have different tastes in such things.

What I have done in the last 3 RVs is:
1. Mount an 18" towel bar to the inside of the bathroom door - up pretty high
2. Mount an 18" towel bar to the underside of the cabinet that is over the commode

What works for us may not be desired by others, but it's all about sharing ideas :)

Jim

DEBJER

We put the 3m removable hook. One next to the sink one next to the comode, on the outside shower glass sides. So far, works for us. Deb

zurn

we just drape them over the shower walls. really works well. actually we do the same thing at home.

Westwind

In the 3070RL floor plan both bathroom doors are pocket doors, thats why we are closing one and not using it onlly wall space is behind the toilet and on one side and in between the two doors which looks about 12 inches or so but I haven't measured it yet. I'm sure we will come up with a plan when we stay in it awhile. Sometimes it takes actual living in it to get it right as you all know.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Ask and ye shall receive. In ours, we hang towels on this over the door rack we got at either Walmart or BB&Beyond, or someplace like that. Had this in our TT. I also mounted a standard towel bar under the cabinet over the commode, using machine bolts and washers to attach it. When we use the shower, we open the cabinet door a bit and slip the towel rack over top of it, or just lay it outside on the bed. I secured the rod for the towel rack in place with clear epoxy to keep it from coming apart.

jpdoggett

we just drape them over the shower walls. really works well. actually we do the same thing at home.
We have the same problem in our Augusta and we also just hang it over the shower wall and the hand towel we hang on the knob of the med cab

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
The Key Largo comes with a Towel Bar attached to the Shower door. We did however add one of those brass medal hooks up on the cabinet above the sink and next to the shower.

JohnDar

The Key Largo comes with a Towel Bar attached to the Shower door. We did however add one of those brass medal hooks up on the cabinet above the sink and next to the shower.

Our 2009 BH3670 has one, too, hidden behind the rack in the photo. That's where we hang the floor mat for exiting the shower. I believe it was deleted on some later models, however.

funntheson

We also use something that I believe we purchased at Target or Walmart. The trailer is in the shop, so I can't post a picture right now. It is a chrome rack that fits over the shower. On the inside of the shower, it has three adjustable baskets/shelves for soap, shampoo, etc. On the outside, there are two hooks for towels.

rick_debbie_gallant

Ask and ye shall receive. In ours, we hang towels on this over the door rack we got at either Walmart or BB&Beyond, or someplace like that. Had this in our TT. I also mounted a standard towel bar under the cabinet over the commode, using machine bolts and washers to attach it. When we use the shower, we open the cabinet door a bit and slip the towel rack over top of it, or just lay it outside on the bed. I secured the rod for the towel rack in place with clear epoxy to keep it from coming apart.

HEY JOHN, when did you go into our unit in Goshin and take the pictures of out bathroom fixtures. I thought the keys were unique and would not open other trailers.

JohnDar

HEY JOHN, when did you go into our unit in Goshin and take the pictures of out bathroom fixtures. I thought the keys were unique and would not open other trailers.

I did have to delete the pictures of you sleeping in your Donald Duck jammies, though.:eek: Teddy has a fondness for rare steak.:D

bobber

I mounted ours under the cabinet over the toilet and it works great. Can put 2 towels on rack folded with wash cloths on them. Have not had a problem at all. Also put round towel holder on wall over light switch for the towel when washing hands.

back2nature

You probably have the new bathroom with the larger shower, so it might be different than ours. But we put our towel rack over the toilet. I originally had thought of the "double bar" rack, than figured it would be too heavy on that wall. Used wall anchors that "butterfly" out behind the wall. Next to the sink, a round hand towel rack.

IMG_4424a.jpg IMG_4417a.jpg

Westwind

Duh - rack over the shower door would work perfectly - have to suggest that to the interior decorator. See if it will pass!, I think she likes the idea of using the bedroom pocket door to hand the rack on.