The perfect tow vehicle (for me)

trvlrerik

I just finished my final "must have" modification on my truck, a 60 gallon RDS aux. tank/toolbox combo. I have previously modified the brakes, rear leaf springs, 4.30:1 rear end assembly, and added airbags.

I just loaded the trailer for travel with a golf cart and four wheeler, food and clothing, all fuel tanks full, and weighed my rig 23,300 combined weight total, adding the family and pets will add 400 more pounds but I am satisfied my truck can safely pull and stop the load.

I know the perfect tow vehicle debate will always go on but I am happy with what I have, and to top it all off, in 2 more months no more payments to Ford credit, now that payment will go towards fuel.:)

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I am in the process of doing the same tank/ tool combo mod and was wandering where you got yours and how much with shipping it was?

trvlrerik

I ordered it from Northern tool online. I also got the conversion kit (I would reccomend it). Shipping to central Kansas from Florida was $108.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
They want more to ship it to me and I live about 4 hours from them. I have a email out direct to them to see what they can do.